The STSW-BLUETILE-DK is based on STSW-BLUENRG1-DK evaluation SW package.
The STSW-BLUENRG1-DK package supports the BlueNRG-1 and BlueNRG-2 Bluetooth Low-Energy system-on-chip. This package includes a Wizard PC application to automatically generate the configuration header file needed for the BLE radio initialization. This package also includes BlueNRG-1 and BlueNRG-2 peripheral drivers and related examples, the BLE firmware stack together with the HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) and CryptoLib (Cryptographic Library).
The STSW-BLUETILE-DK supports the BlueTile platform. This package extends STSW-BLURNRG1-DK by adding drivers for all sensors on the BlueTile, middleware libraries such as BlueVoice and MotionFX, and several BLE application examples.
The MotionFX library is dedicated to real-time motion-sensor data fusion to estimate the orientation in space. The library computes quaternions and Euler angles based on data from the accelerometer, the gyroscope and the magnetometer. This library also includes gyroscope bias estimation and compensation, magnetometer hard-iron effects estimation and compensation, and accelerometer vibrations rejection. This library is also included in the X-CUBE-MEMS1 software expansion.
The BlueVoice library applies the ADPCM compression algorithm on the PCM audio stream coming from the digital microphone, and streams half-duplex (one-way) the compressed data over a wireless BLE link. This library is also included in the FP-AUD-BVLINK1 function pack.
The BLE Reset Manager is the basic BLE application: it is executed when the system is powered. If there is a newer firmware image stored in the Flash memory, it overwrites the old firmware image; then, it runs the user application. The newer firmware image can be downloaded from the ST BLE Sensor app running on a smartphone, when the BLE Sensor Demo application is running on the BlueTile.
The BLE DTM (Direct Test Mode) application enables real-time interaction with the BlueNRG-2 wireless system-on-chip on the BlueTile. The corresponding dedicated graphical user interface is the PC application STSW-BNRGUI.
The BLE Beacon application enables the advertising of user-programmable data. All BLE devices will be able to receive this data without the need to establish a point-to-point connection.
The BLE HID Peripheral application enables the emulation of two HID devices: a wireless keyboard and a wireless mouse. In the first case, the BlueTile is plugged on its host motherboard and connected via USB to a normal keyboard, all key presses are then sent via BLE. In the second case, the gyroscope is exploited to control the mouse by rotating the BlueTile along the X or Y axis.
The BLE Sensor Demo application enables real-time streaming of sensor data to the ST BLE Sensor app running on the smartphone. The app let the user plot and log data from all BlueTile sensors, test the detection of accelerometer events embedded in the smart accelerometer, check the accuracy of the orientation estimated by the MotionFX library, verify the performance of voice streaming enabled by the BlueVoice library. Through the app the user can also control the RGB LED on the BlueTile. Finally, the app supports the firmware over-the-air (OTA) update. This is the default application preloaded on the BlueTile for demo purposes.
Screenshots of the ST BLE Sensor app when it is connected to the Bluetile running the BLE SensorDemo application
- BlueNRG-2 peripheral drivers
- BlueNRG-2 SDK software development kit
- BlueTile sensors drivers for LSM6DSO, LIS2MDL, LPS22HH, HTS221, VL53L1X and MP34DT05-A
- BLE software stack with HAL (hardware abstraction layer), and CryptoLib
- BlueVoice library to perform ADPCM compression and stream voice over BLE half-duplex
- MotionFX library to estimate spatial orientation through real-time motion-sensor data fusion
- BLE Reset Manager basic application to support firmware over-the-air (OTA) update
- BLE DTM (Direct Test Mode) application to enable real-time interaction between BlueNRG-2 and a dedicated graphical user interface STSW-BNRGUI
- BLE Beacon application to advertise programmable data
- BLE HID peripheral application to emulate HID devices such as a wireless keyboard or mouse
- BLE Sensor Demo application to enable real-time streaming of sensor data to the ST BLE Sensor app running on a smartphone
|Part Number||Software Version||Marketing Status||Supplier||Download|