ST’s STM32 offers the performance of the industry-standard Cortex®-M core at the service of vector (or field-oriented) control (FOC) algorithms, widely used in high-performance drives.
The STM32 PMSM FOC SDK(STSW-STM32100), which includes the PMSM FOC FW library and ST MC Workbench, allows the user to evaluate the STM32 performance in applications driving single or dual Field Oriented Control of 3-phase Permanent Magnet motors (PMSM, BLDC).
STM32 PMSM FOC SDK is part of ST's motor control ecosystem which offers a wide range of hardware and software solutions for motor control applications.
ST MC Workbench is a PC software which reduces the design effort and time in the STM32 PMSM FOC firmware library configuration. The user, through a graphical user interface (GUI), generates all parameter header files which configure the library according to the application needs and can in real time monitor and change some variables of the algorithm.
- Single/Dual simultaneous vector control (FOC).
- Motor Profiler and one Touch Tuning for a fast startup of unknown motors.
- Current reading topologies supported:
- 1 shunt resistor;
- 3 shunt resistors;
- 2 ICS (isolated current sensor).
- Speed/position sensors (Encoder and Hall) as well as sensorless operation (State observer, High frequency Injection HFI, On-the-Fly startup for fans) are supported.
- Speed and torque control.
- Wide range of STM32 microcontrollers supported, the full list is detailed in RN0085, available on www.st.com.
- Full customization and real time communication through PC software ST MC Workbench:
- New project creation starting from the board.
- Motor control algorithms implemented for specific applications like Maximum Torque Per Ampere (MTPA), Flux Weakening and more.
- Firmware ANSI C, MISRA compliant.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Check out our video to get inspired to release your creativity
How to use the various boot modes supported by STM32