X-CUBE-AZRTOS-WL (Azure® RTOS STM32Cube Expansion Package) provides a full integration of Microsoft® Azure® RTOS in the STM32Cube environment for the STM32WL Series of microcontrollers. Ready-to-run applicative examples provided for the NUCLEO-WL55JC Evaluation board, along with a full compatibility with STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE, ensure that X-CUBE-AZRTOS-WL drastically reduces the learning curve and provides a smooth application development experience with Azure® RTOS and STM32WL Series microcontrollers.
The scope of this Expansion Package covers the following Azure® RTOS middleware: RTOS (ThreadX), and file system including the support for NOR and NAND Flash memories (FileX and LevelX).
A FreeRTOS™ adaptation layer is included and demonstrated, making it easy and quick to migrate from FreeRTOS™ to Azure® RTOS ThreadX for STM32WL users.
X-CUBE-AZRTOS-WL is only an STM32Cube integration of middleware stacks from Microsoft® Azure® RTOS. Neither the Azure SDK for Embedded C nor the Azure IoT Middleware for Azure RTOS, available from www.github.com/azure, are part of the X-CUBE-AZRTOS-WL Expansion Package, which therefore does not support native connectivity to the Azure® IoT Hub.
- Based on Azure® RTOS release 6.1.9
- Integrated and full featured operating system: Azure® RTOS ThreadX
FreeRTOS™ adaptation layer for ThreadX
- Advanced Flash file system (FS) / Flash translation layer (FTL), fully featured to support NOR and NAND Flash memories: Azure® RTOS FileX and Azure® RTOS LevelX
- Safety pre-certifications (available from Microsoft): IEC 61508 SIL4, IEC 62304 Class C and ISO 26262 ASIL D
- Security pre-certifications (available from Microsoft): EAL4+ for TLS/DTLS, FIPS 140-2 for software cryptographic library
- Many applicative examples available for STMicroelectronics NUCLEO-WL55JC board
- Free user-friendly license terms
- Enhanced for STMicroelectronics toolset: graphical configuration of Azure® RTOS middleware with STM32CubeMX and STM32CubeIDE
- Update mechanism, which can be enabled by the user to be notified of new releases
How to port an existing RF application to Azure ThreadX RTOS