The X-CUBE-OPUS expansion software package for STM32Cube runs on different STM32 MCU families and includes a firmware example that allows to easily configure and profile Opus encoder and decoder.
The expansion is built on STM32Cube software technology to ease portability across different STM32 microcontrollers.
The software comes with a sample implementation of the drivers running on on NUCLEO-F413ZH,NUCLEO-H743ZI, NUCLEO-F746ZG, NUCLEO-L552ZE-Q or P-NUCLEO-WB55 development boards.
The package provides a Python application to be used together with the STM32 example to create a point-to-point bidirectional communication. The software allows the user to choose Opus settings, via an intuitive GUI, select different audio input files for profiling test and receive back results as well as encode/decode data.
The two nodes (the host with Python app and the STM32) communicate through the ST-Link Virtual COM port with a custom protocol.
The X-CUBE-OPUS expansion software package allows the user to evaluate Opus performance depending on his target application, facilitating the choice of the correct STM32 and easily integrating the audio codec.
- Complete tool to evaluate and profile the advanced Opus audio codec with each possible configuration on different STM32 MCU families (ARM Cortex-M4, M7, M33)
- Firmware example that shows how to use and integrate Opus on different STM32 MCU families
- Sample application (compatible with Python 3.7) that allows to configure Opus, send audio data to STM32 Nucleo development boards and receive profiling results
- Third-party Opus v1.3.1 (downloadable from https://www.opus-codec.org): an open, royalty-free and highly versatile audio codec that is standardized by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) as RFC 6716
- Custom serial protocol to allow easy communication between the STM32 Nucleo development board and the Host using dedicated commands
- Sample implementation available on NUCLEO-F413ZH,NUCLEO-H743ZI, NUCLEO-F746ZG, NUCLEO-L552ZE-Q or P-NUCLEO-WB55 development boards
- Easy portability across different MCU families, thanks to STM32Cube
- Free, user-friendly license terms