The EVAL-L9942 is the Evaluation Board designed to provide the user a platform to evaluate the device L9942.
The L9942 is a motor driver for bipolar stepper motors with micro-stepping and programmable current profile look-up-table to allow a flexible adaptation of the motor characteristics and intended operating conditions.
Different current profiles can be chosen depending on target criteria: audible noise, vibrations, rotation speed or torque.
The decay mode used in PWM-current control circuit can be programmed to have slow, fast, mixed and auto-decay.
The programmable stall detection is useful to avoid running the motor too long time in stall position minimizing the noise.
The EVAL-L9942 board provides all the inputs and outputs capabilities necessary to drive correctly a bipolar stepper motor and also to monitoring diagnostic functionalities.
The board can be connected to the discovery boards developed for the SPC56 microcontroller.
- Input signal connector compatible with the SPC56 Discovery boards. Possibility to connect the board to further microcontroller discovery or control boards by a simple adaptor.
- Two output terminal blocks.
- Wide supply voltage range (VBatt): 7 V ÷ 20 V.
- 2 LEDs for monitoring VBattand EN signal.
- Device controlled and programmed via SPI.
- L9942 diagnostic functions via SPI.
- Test points to monitoring both input signals (SPI, PWM, EN, StepClock) and the four outputs (out power stage).
- No heat-sink is required
Recommended for you
Industrial Motor Control
Automotive Motor Control
|Part Number||Marketing Status||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.