This demonstration board is a 90 W wide-range mains AC-DC adapter which is power factor corrected. Its electrical specifications are suitable for typical high-end portable computer power adapters. The particular benefits of this design are the very low no-load input consumption (<0.5 W) and the very high global efficiency.
The architecture is based on a two-stage approach: a front-end PFC pre-regulator based on the L6563 TM PFC controller and a downstream multi-resonant half-bridge converter that makes use of the L6599 resonant controller.
- Latch mode: OVP acts while VOUT > 29 VDC
- Hiccup mode: Auto recovery with SCP
- Dimensions (L/W/H): 132 mm / 52 mm / 22 mm
- High output power: 90 W (4.74 A, 19 VDC)
- Universal AC mains range: 90 VAC to 264 VAC
- Very low standby power: less than 0.5 W at 264 V
- Efficiency > 88% at universal AC mains range
- Very low output noise and ripple: less than 300 m VP-P
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.