The STM32F318x8 family is based on the high-performance ARM® Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 72 MHz and embedding a floating point unit (FPU). The family incorporates high-speed embedded memories (64 Kbytes of Flash memory, 16 Kbytes of SRAM), and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses.
The devices offer a fast 12-bit ADC (5 Msps), three comparators, an operational amplifier, up to 17 capacitive sensing channels, one DAC channel, a low-power RTC, one general-purpose 32-bit timer, one timer dedicated to motor control, and up to three general-purpose 16-bit timers, and one timer to drive the DAC. They also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces: three I2Cs, up to three USARTs, up to two SPIs with multiplexed full-duplex I2S, and an infrared transmitter.
The STM32F318x8 family operates in the –40 to +85°C and –40 to +105°C temperature ranges from at 1.8 V ± 8% power supply. A comprehensive set of power-saving mode allows the design of low-power applications.
The STM32F318x8 family offers devices in 32-, 48- and 49-pin packages.
The set of included peripherals changes with the device chosen.
- Core: ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU (72 MHz max.), single-cycle multiplication and HW division, DSP instruction
- 64 Kbytes of Flash memory
- 16 Kbytes of SRAM on data bus
- CRC calculation unit
- Power management
- Supply: VDD = 1.8 V ± 8%VDDA voltage range = 1.65 V to 3.6 V
- External POR pin
- Low-power: Sleep, Stop
- VBAT supply for RTC and backup registers
- Clock management
- 4 to 32 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- Internal 8 MHz RC with x 16 PLL option
- Internal 40 kHz oscillator
- Up to 36 fast I/O ports, all mappable on external interrupt vectors, several 5 V-tolerant
- Interconnect matrix
- 7-channel DMA controller supporting timers, ADCs, SPIs, I2Cs, USARTs and DAC
- 1 × ADC 0.20 μs (up to 11 channels) with selectable resolution of 12/10/8/6 bits, 0 to 3.6 V conversion range, single ended/differential mode, separate analog supply from 1.8 to 3.6 V
- Temperature sensor
- 1 x 12-bit DAC channel with analog supply from 2.4 to 3.6 V
- Three fast rail-to-rail analog comparators with analog supply from 1.8 to 3.6 V
- 1 x operational amplifier that can be used in PGA mode, all terminal accessible with analog supply from 2.4 to 3.6 V
- Up to 17 capacitive sensing channels supporting touchkey, linear and rotary sensors
- Up to 9 timers
- One 32-bit timer with up to 4 IC/OC/PWM or pulse counter and quadrature (incremental) encoder input
- One 16-bit 6-channel advanced-control timer, with up to 6 PWM channels, deadtime generation and emergency stop
- Three 16-bit timers with IC/OC/OCN or PWM, deadtime gen. and emergency stop
- One 16-bit basic timer to drive the DAC
- 2 watchdog timers (independent, window)
- SysTick timer: 24-bit downcounter
- Calendar RTC with alarm, periodic wakeup from Stop
- Communication interfaces
- Three I2Cs with 20 mA current sink to support Fast mode plus
- Up to 3 USARTs, 1 with ISO 7816 I/F, auto baudrate detect and Dual clock domain
- Up to two SPIs with multiplexed full duplex I2S
- Infrared transmitter
- Serial wire debug (SWD), JTAG
- 96-bit unique ID
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Getting Started with the P-NUCLEO-IHM001
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|UFQFPN 32 5x5x0.55||Industrial||Ecopack2|
|UFQFPN 32 5x5x0.55||Industrial||Ecopack2|
UFQFPN 32 5x5x0.55
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.