STM8L051F3 is member of the STM8L ultra-low-power 8-bit family.
STM8L051F3 features an enhanced STM8 CPU core providing increased processing power (up to 16 MIPS at 16 MHz) while maintaining the advantages of a CISC architecture with improved code density, a 24-bit linear addressing space and an optimized architecture for low-power operations.
The STM8L051F3 MCU includes an integrated debug module with a hardware interface (SWIM) which allows non-intrusive In-Application debugging and ultra-fast Flash programming. It features an embedded data EEPROM and low-power, low-voltage, single-supply program Flash memory.
The device incorporates an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals, a 12-bit ADC, a real-time clock, two 16-bit timers, one 8-bit timer, as well as standard communication interfaces such as an SPI, an I2C interface, and one USART.
The modular design of the peripheral set allows this device to have the same peripherals that can be found in different ST microcontroller families including 32-bit families. This makes any transition to a different family very easy, supported also by the use of a common set of development tools.
STM8L051F3 as all the value line STM8L ultra-low-power products are based on the same architecture with the same memory mapping and a coherent pinout.
- Operating conditions
- Operating power supply: 1.8 V to 3.6 V Temperature range: −40 °C to 85 °C
- Low-power features
- 5 low-power modes: Wait, Low-power run (5.1 μA), Low-power wait (3 μA), Active-halt with RTC (1.3 μA), Halt (350 nA)
- Ultra-low leakage per I/O: 50 nA
- Fast wakeup from Halt: 5 μs
- Advanced STM8 core
- Harvard architecture and 3-stage pipeline
- Max freq: 16 MHz, 16 CISC MIPS peak
- Up to 40 external interrupt sources
- Reset and supply management
- Low power, ultra-safe BOR reset with 5 selectable thresholds
- Ultra-low power POR/PDR
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- Clock management
- 32 kHz and 1 to 16 MHz crystal oscillators
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC
- Internal 38 kHz low consumption RC
- Clock security system
- Low-power RTC
- BCD calendar with alarm interrupt
- Digital calibration with +/- 0.5 ppm accuracy
- LSE security system
- Auto-wakeup from Halt w/ periodic interrupt
- 8 Kbytes of Flash program memory and 256 bytes of data EEPROM with ECC
- Flexible write and read protection modes
- 1 Kbyte of RAM
- 4 channels supporting ADC, SPI, I2C, USART, timers
- 1 channel for memory-to-memory
- 12-bit ADC up to 1 Msps/10 channels
- Internal reference voltage
- Two 16-bit timers with 2 channels (used as IC, OC, PWM), quadrature encoder
- One 8-bit timer with 7-bit prescaler
- 2 watchdogs: 1 Window, 1 Independent
- Beeper timer with 1, 2 or 4 kHz frequencies
- Communication interfaces
- Synchronous serial interface (SPI)
- Fast I2C 400 kHz SMBus and PMBus
- Up to 18 I/Os, all mappable on interrupt vectors
- Development support
- Fast on-chip programming and non-intrusive debugging with SWIM
- Bootloader using USART
- Operating conditions
We asked Christophe the following questions: - How is ST engaged in the 8-bit MCU market ? - What benefits does the STM8 bring? - What applications are suitable for STM8 (no change) - What kind of ecosystem does STM8 have?
8-bit microcontrollers for industrial and mass-market applications
Here is an opportunity to get to learn the basics of our STM8S value line !
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.