wolfSSL offers DO-178 wolfCrypt as a commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) solution for connected avionics applications. Adherence to DO-178C level A is supported through the first wolfCrypt COTS DO-178C certification kit release that includes traceable artifacts for the following encryption algorithms:
- SHA-256 and SHA-384 for message digest
- AES for encryption and decryption
- RSA to sign and verify a message
- ChaCha20-Poly1305 for authenticated encryption and decryption
- ECC to sign, verify, and share secrets
- HMAC for keyed-hashing for message authentication
DO-178 wolfCrypt provides the proper cryptographic underpinnings for secure boot and secure firmware update in commercial and military avionics. wolfSSL brings trusted, military-grade security to connected commercial and military aircraft. Avionics developers now have a flexible, compact, economical, high-performance COTS solution for quickly delivering enhanced, secure communications that can be readily certified to DO-178. Any of the FIPS 140-2 validated crypto algorithms can be used in DO-178 mode for combined FIPS 140-2/DO-178 consumption.