The A5970AD is a step-down monolithic power switching regulator with a minimum switch current limit of 1.35 A so it is able to deliver up to 1 A DC current to the load depending on the application conditions. The output voltage can be set from 1.235 V to VIN.
The device uses an internal P-channel DMOS transistor (with a typical RDS(on)of 250 mΩ) as switching element to minimize the size of the external components.
An internal oscillator fixes the switching frequency at 500 kHz. Having a minimum input voltage of 4 V only it fits the automotive applications requiring the device operation even in cold crank conditions. Pulse by pulse current limit with the internal frequency modulation offers an effective constant current short-circuit protection.
- Qualified following the AEC-Q100 requirements (see PPAP for more details)
- 1 A DC output current
- Operating input voltage from 4 V to 36 V
- 3.3 V / (± 2%) reference voltage
- Output voltage adjustable from 1.235 V to VIN
- Low dropout operation: 100% duty cycle
- 500 kHz Internally fixed frequency
- Voltage feed-forward
- Zero load current operation
- Internal current limiting
- Inhibit for zero current consumption
- Protection against feedback disconnection
- Thermal shutdown
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.