The A5972D is a step-down monolithic power switching regulator with a minimum switch current limit of 1.8 A so it is able to deliver up to 1.5 A DC current to the load depending on the application conditions. The output voltage can be set from 1.235 V to VIN.
The device uses an internal P-channel DMOS transistor (with a typical RDS(on)of 250 mΩ) as a switching element to minimize the size of the external components.
An internal oscillator fixes the switching frequency at 250 kHz. Having a minimum input voltage of 4 V only it fits the automotive applications requiring the device operation even in cold crank conditions. A pulse-by-pulse current limit with the internal frequency modulation offers an effective constant current short-circuit protection.
- Qualified following the AEC-Q100 requirements (see PPAP for more details)
- 1.5 A DC output current
- Operating input voltage from 4 V to 36 V
- 3.3 V / (± 2%) reference voltage
- Output voltage adjustable from 1.235 V to VIN
- Low dropout operation: 100% duty cycle
- 250 kHz internally fixed frequency
- Voltage feedforward
- Zero load current operation
- Internal current limiting
- Inhibit for zero current consumption
- Protection against feedback disconnection
- Thermal shutdown
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.