The L6494 is a high-voltage device manufactured with the BCD6 “offline” technology. It is a single chip half-bridge gate driver for N-channel power MOSFETs or IGBTs.
The high-side (floating) section is designed to stand a DC voltage rail up to 500 V, with 600 V transient withstand voltage. The logic inputs are CMOS/TTL compatible down to 3.3 V for easy interfacing control units such as microcontrollers or DSP.
The device is a single input gate driver with programmable deadtime, and also features an active-low shutdown pin.
Both device outputs can sink 2.5 A and source 2 A, making the L6494 particularly suited for medium and high capacity power MOSFETs\IGBTs.
The independent UVLO protection circuits present on both the lower and upper driving sections prevent the power switches from being operated in low efficiency or dangerous conditions.
The integrated bootstrap diode as well as all of the integrated features of this driver make the application PCB design simpler and more compact, and help reducing the overall bill of material.
- Transient withstand voltage 600 V
- dV/dt immunity ± 50 V/ns in full temperature range
- Driver current capability:
- 2 A source typ. at 25 °C
- 2.5 A sink typ. at 25 °C
- Short propagation delay: 85 ns
- Switching times 25 ns rise/fall with 1 nF load
- Integrated bootstrap diode
- Single input and shutdown pin
- Adjustable deadtime
- 3.3 V, 5 V TTL/CMOS inputs with hysteresis
- UVLO on both high-side and low-side sections
- Compact and simplified layout
- Bill of material reduction
- Flexible, easy and fast design
Recommended for you
Home and Professional Appliances
Industrial Power and Tools
LED Lighting and Controls
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.