LED matrix drivers are monolithic high-efficiency LED drivers designed to supply LED arrays used in the backlighting of LCD panels in consumer, industrial and automotive applications.
Housed in compact QFN packages, these ICs integrate a power converter section and a LED array driver section consisting of several PWM-dimmable current generators.
The wide input voltage range covers the most common voltage buses (5 V, 12 V and 24 V).
Additional flexibility is guaranteed by a full set of adjustable protection functions, together with complete and flexible fault management and high switching frequency, to reduce the size and cost of the final application.
LED7708: 16 channels, 85 mA LED driver with boost controller and 4-wire serial interface
LED7708 is specifically designed to supply large matrices, starting from a single low voltage rail, offering:
- Boost controller regulating the output voltage in an adaptive way, according to LED requirements, for maximum efficiency
- 16 current generators 40 V-rated, allowing to drive several LEDs in series on each channel
- LEDs brightness controlled using the serial interface
- Selectable 12-bit or 16-bit grayscale brightness control for independent PWM on each channel
- Programmable on-chip dimming oscillator for external circuitry simplification
- Dedicated pins for external synchronization with master or slave devices, for noise reduction in multi-device applications