The PM8903A is a high efficiency monolithic step-down switching regulator designed to deliver up to 3 A continuous current. The IC operates from 2.8 V to 6 V input voltage (VIN).
The PM8903A features low-resistance integrated nMOS and proprietary pulse-skipping mode for optimum efficiency over all the loading range.
The voltage mode control loop allows the widest range of output filters. Current sense is internally thermally compensated for optimum precision.
The integrated 0.6 V reference allows the regulation of output voltages with ±1% accuracy over temperature variations. Switching frequency is typically set to 1.1 MHz and can be programmed to 0.8 MHz or 1.0 MHz. Out of phase synchronization allows the reduction of input RMS current.
The PM8903A provides precise dual-threshold overcurrent protection as well as over/undervoltage and overtemperature protection. PGOOD output easily provides real-time information on the output voltage.
The PM8903A is available in VFQFPN16 3 x 3 mm.
- Integrated 35 mΩ MOSFETs for high efficiency
- 3 A continuous output current
- 2.8 V to 6 V input voltage (VIN)
- 2.9 V to 5.5 V supply voltage (VCC)
- Adjustable output voltage down to 0.6 V
- 1% output voltage accuracy
- 1.1 MHz switching frequency operation
- PSKIP mode to optimize light load efficiency
- Embedded bootstrap diode
- Thermally compensated loss-less current sense across HS and LS MOSFETs
- OV/UV/OC and overtemperature protection
- Internal soft-start and soft-stop
- Interleaving synchronization (up to 2 ICs)
- Power Good output
- Shutdown function (< 15 μA quiescent current)
- VFQFPN16 3 x 3 mm compact package
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.