The ST2S08B is a dual step-down DC-DC converter optimized for powering low-voltage digital cores in ODD applications and, generally, to replace the high current linear solution when the power dissipation may cause a high heating of the application environment. It provides up to 1.5 A over an input voltage range of 3 V to 5.5 V. A high switching frequency of 1.5 MHz allows the use of tiny surface-mounted components as well as a resistor divider to set the output voltage value. Only an inductor and two capacitors are required. A low output ripple is guaranteed by the current mode PWM topology and the utilization of low ESR SMD ceramic capacitors. The device is thermally protected and current limited. The ST2S08B is available in the QFN12L (4 x 4 mm) package.
- Step-down current mode PWM (1.5 MHz) DC-DC converter
- Adjustable output voltage from 0.8 V
- 2 % DC output voltage tolerance
- Synchronous rectification
- Integrated current limit
- Inhibit function
- Soft-start for start delay of 800 μs typ.
- Typical efficiency: > 80 % at VOUT= 1.2 V
- 1.5 A output current capability
- Non-switching quiescent current: max 1.5 mA over temperature range
- RDS(ON)150 mΩ (typ.)
- Uses tiny capacitors and inductors
- Available in QFN12L (4 x 4 mm)
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.