ST’s 1500 W transient voltage suppressor (TVS), or Transil™, series supports applications such as solar inverters, set-top boxes, MOSFET protection, industrial control, telecom base stations and power over Ethernet (PoE).
- The absolute best-in-class performance at full power even with high junction temperatures, easily outperforming our competitors
- Peak power dissipation of up to 1500 W
- Ability to lower the cost by replacing a higher power device from an alternative source, such as a 3000 W device, with a smaller package due to better power density
- More robust packages that can be selected to optimize cost and space
- Axial (DO-201) and SMD (SMC) packaging, resulting in assembly flexibility, and offering drop-in replacements for industry standard packages
Cost and service performance is guaranteed due to ST’s high-volume production capacity, integrated front-end and multiple back-end lines, as well as partnerships with major subcontractors.