Secure and scalable solutions for SIMs & embedded SIMs
SIM and embedded SIM (eSIM) solutions provide secure cellular connectivity and ensure its seamless deployment, thus improving day-to-day user experience. From consumer, M2M and industrial applications including asset tracking and smart metering to automotive solutions such as in-vehicle emergency calls (eCall), SIMs and eSIMs simplify device monitoring and contribute to the digital transformation of a wide range of markets.
Find the best fit for your application among our product family of secure elements:
- For consumer : Compliant with GSMA, ETSI and Global Platform specifications for SIM and eSIM, the ST33 secure microcontrollers are integrated by major OEMs in tablets, wearables, notebooks and smartphones. ST33 secure microcontroller is designed to meet the Common Criteria EAL5+, EMVCo security and performance requirements.
- For Industrial and IoT (M2M devices) : ST4SIM-M and ST4SIM-S System-on-Chip (SoC) portfolios and ST33-M secure microcontrollers cover a wide and scalable range of connectivity solutions for industrial environments and IoT applications.
- For Secure Automotive : AEC-Q100-qualified, ST4SIM-A provides state-of-the-art connectivity. In addition, ST33-A secure microcontroller brings enhanced security in vehicle telematics, gateways and Electronic Control Units (ECU).
STMicroelectronics Becomes First Chip Maker Accredited by the GSMA to Personalize eSIMs for Mobiles and Connected IoT Devices
Building on existing accreditation to manufacture eSIM chips that meet the GSMA’s specifications for security and reliability, ST is speeding ahead of other chip makers by gaining further accreditation for securely applying eSIM personalization data, according to the GSMA’s Secure Accreditation Scheme for UICC Production (GSMA SAS-UP).
ST can now deliver personalized eSIMs, built around the proven ST33 secure microcontroller, directly to customers’ production facilities, ready to use with no further programming required. Equipment OEMs, mobile network operators, and SIM operating-system (OS) vendors can thus enjoy greater convenience, economy, and business efficiency by streamlining the eSIM supply chain to save handling overheads and reduce time to market. The eSIMs, customized with connection credentials, enable smaller form factors, greater security, and increased flexibility.
- GSMA SAS-UP Certification for Rousset
- GSMA SAS-UP Certification for Toa Payoh
- GSMA SAS-UP Certification for Caserta
More about ST’s GSMA certification here.