The ST21NFCB is a single chip designed for supporting 13.56 MHz contactless communication, including Near Field Communication (NFC) functions in the three operating modes: Card emulation, Reader/Writer and Peer-to-peer communication.
This product is based on an advanced Smartcard ST21 microcontroller with 36 Kbytes of EEPROM. It includes an integrated RF Analog Front End (AFE) supporting all the contactless proximity (ISO/IEC 14443, ECMA 340 (NFCIP-1), and vicinity (ISO/IEC 15693, ISO/IEC 18000-3 Mod1) standards.
The ST21NFCB is a serial access circuit based on a 8/16-bit CPU core. Operations are synchronized with an internally generated clock issued by the Clock Generator module.
Thanks to an enhanced power switch system, the ST21NFCB is able to support several power supply sources (Switched On, Switched Off and Battery Off modes) and manages the power management of the device and its associated Secure Elements.
- NFC operating modes supported:
- Card emulation
- Reader / Writer
- Peer-to-peer communication
- Hardware features
- 36 Kbytes of EEPROM
- High integrated analog front end (AFE) for RF transmission and reception including automatic card and field detection modes
- Battery Off and Switched Off modes supported in Card Emulation mode
- Optimized power consumption modes
- Battery voltage monitoring
- Support for up to 3 external Secure Elements
- System clock
- FracN PLL input range from 12 to 52 MHz
- 27.12 MHz external crystal oscillator
- Enhanced testability
- ECOPACK®2 package
- BGA 4x4x0.8
- RF communications
- ISO/IEC 14443 Types A and B
- ISO/IEC 15693
- ISO/IEC 18000-3 Mod1
- ECMA 340 (NFCIP-1)
- Supports FeliCa™ cards as described in ECMA 340 specification
- All RF communications are available in Card Emulation, Peer To Peer and Reader/Writer modes
- Communication interfaces
- Three SWP interfaces
- I²C Slave interface up to 1 Mbit/s
- SPI Slave interface up to 4 Mbit/s
- Electrical characteristics
- Battery voltage support from 0V to 5V
- Supports Class B and C operating conditions for UICC
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.