The TS4962 is a differential class-D BTL power amplifier. It can drive up to 2.2 W into a 4 Ω load and 1.4 W into an 8 Ω load at 5 V. It achieves outstanding efficiency (88% typ.) compared to standard AB-class audio amps.
The gain of the device can be controlled via two external gain setting resistors. Pop & click reduction circuitry provides low on/off switch noise while allowing the device to start within 5 ms. A standby function (active low) enables the current consumption to be reduced to 10 nA typical.
- PSRR: 63 dB typical at 217 Hz with 6 dB gain
- Signal to noise ratio: 85 dB typical
- Low pop & click noise
- PWM base frequency: 280 kHz
- Available in DFN8 3 x 3 mm package
- Thermal shutdown protection
- Low current consumption 2 mA at 3 V
- Adjustable gain via external resistors
- Operating from VCC = 2.4 V to 5.5 V
- Output power: 2.8 W into 4 Ω and 1.7 W into 8 Ω with 10% THD+N maximum and 5 V power supply
- Standby mode active low
- Output power: 1.4 W at 5 V or 0.5 W at 3.0 V into 8 Ω with 1% THD+N maximum
- Efficiency: 88% typical
- Output power: 2.2 W at 5 V or 0.7 W at 3.0 V into 4 Ω with 1% THD+N maximum
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|UFQFPN 8 3x3x0.65||Industrial||Ecopack3|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.