The L9912 is a controlled multifunctional alternator regulator intended to be used in cars, commercial and agricultural vehicles. It supports 12 V system. The control can be achieved through different communication protocols: RCV, PCM, C_term. It is a System-In-Package solution with smart power alternator regulator IC coupled with a 8-bit microcontroller (non-monolithic approach). It includes the control section, fault diagnostic circuit which drives a warning lamp, and the protection against short circuits.
This device regulates in closed loop the output of an automotive generator by controlling the field winding current by means of a Pulse-Width Modulation (PWM) of an external high side or low side driver at fixed frequency.
- AEC-Q100 qualified
- System in package smart power alternator regulator and 8-bit microcontroller (non-monolithic approach)
- Protected high/low side field pre-driver for external MOS
- Field short circuit protection
- Regulated voltage driven by ECU (programmable protocol driven)
- Regulated voltage thermally compensated (without protocol)
- Lamp driver (wake up and warning detection)
- Self start function
- Load response control (LRC)
- Field monitor (FM) output
- Thermal shutdown
- Package TQFP44EP (10 x 10 mm)
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|TQFP 44 10x10x1.0||Automotive||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.