The VN5T016AH-E is a device made using STMicroelectronics®VIPower®technology, intended for driving resistive or inductive loads with one side connected to ground. Active VCCpin voltage clamp protects the device against low energy spikes. This device integrates an analog current sense which delivers a current proportional to the load current. Fault conditions such as overload, overtemperature or short to VCCare reported via the current sense pin.
Output current limitation protects the device in overload condition. The device latches off in case of overload or thermal shutdown.
The device is reset by a low level pass on the fault reset standby pin.
A permanent low level on the inputs and fault reset standby pin disables all outputs and sets the device in standby mode.
- Very low stand-by current
- 3.0 V CMOS compatible input
- Optimized electromagnetic emission
- Very low electromagnetic susceptibility
- In compliance with the 2002/95/EC european directive
- Fault reset standby pin (FR_Stby)
- Diagnostic functions
- Proportional load current sense
- Current sense precision for wide range currents
- Off-state open load detection
- Output short to VCCdetection
- Overload and short to ground latch-off
- Thermal shutdown latch-off
- Very low current sense leakage
- Undervoltage shutdown
- Overvoltage clamp
- Load current limitation
- Self limiting of fast thermal transients
- Protection against loss of ground and loss of VCC
- Thermal shutdown
- Reverse battery protected with self switch of the PowerMOS
- Electrostatic discharge protection
Leading-edge product portfolio for a wide range of automotive applications
STMicroelectronics VIPower explainer
Electro-thermal simulator for devices in ViPower technology
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.