The X-CUBE-CLD-GEN Expansion Package consists of a set of libraries and application examples for STM32L4 Series, STM32F4 Series, and STM32F7 Series microcontrollers acting as end devices.
X-CUBE-CLD-GEN runs on five platforms. The B-L475E-IOT01A and 32F413HDISCOVERY support Wi-Fi® connectivity with an on-board Inventek ISM43362 module. The 32F769IDISCOVERY board provides a native Ethernet interface. The P-L496G-CELL01 and P-L496G-CELL02 packs, with the 2G/3G Quectel UG96 and LTE Quectel BG96 cellular modem daughterboards respectively, support cellular connectivity.
For the five platforms, the sample applications configure the network connectivity parameters, and illustrate the various ways for a device to interact with the cloud.
An application shows how an MQTT client can connect to an MQTT broker in order to publish data and receive parameter updates or commands from the cloud.
Device authentication through MQTT login and password is supported. TLS encryption, server authentication and device authentication are supported.
The MQTT broker can be a self-administrated server like Eclipse Mosquitto™, or the Ubidots cloud platform.
Other applications also demonstrate how a simple HTTP client can connect to either Exosite, Grovestreams or Ubidots cloud platforms using the HTTP or HTTPS protocol.
The B-L475E-IOT01A board reports telemetry data such as measurement of humidity, temperature, 3-axis magnetic, acceleration, and gyroscope data, atmospheric pressure and distance.
- Ready-to-run firmware examples with Wi-Fi® , Ethernet, or cellular connectivity to support quick evaluation and development of IoT cloud applications using MQTT and HTTP protocols
- Connectivity to several IoT cloud platforms:
- MQTT protocol: Eclipse Mosquitto™, Ubidots
- HTTP protocol: Exosite, Grovestreams, Ubidots
- Cloud communication protocols kept as generic as possible, allowing easy migration of applications to different cloud providers
- TLS encryption
- Cellular, Ethernet and Wi-Fi® connectivity
- Telemetry data reporting
- LED remote control