X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 is an expansion software package for STM32Cube.
The software runs on the STM32 and includes drivers and middleware for audio data acquisition from MEMS digital microphones (MP34DT06J, IMP34DT05 and MP23DB01HP) and analog microphones (MP23ABS1 and IMP23ABSU), and USB streaming of the recorded signals.
The package also includes an example of ultrasound condition monitoring (UltrasoundFFT) that calculates the FFT of the analog microphone signal and streams the result to a PC GUI via USB. The microphone sampling rate is set by default to 192 kHz whereas the microphone bandwidth is up to 80 kHz.
The expansion is built on STM32Cube software technology to ease portability across different STM32 microcontrollers and comes with examples showing X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 capabilities when connected to a P-NUCLEO-WB55, NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-L476RG or NUCLEO-F746ZG board and X-NUCLEO-AMICAM1 capabilities when connected to a NUCLEO-L476RG or NUCLEO-L4R5ZI.
X-CUBE-MEMSMIC1 also includes demonstrations for STEVAL-STWINKT1B (and STEVAL-STWINKT1) SensorTile Wireless Industrial Node (STWIN) development kit.
The software is available also on GitHub, where the users can signal bugs and propose new ideas through Issues and Pull Requests tabs.
- Complete middleware to build applications using MEMS digital microphones (MP34DT06J, IMP34DT05 and MP23DB01HP when using the STEVAL-MIC006V1 coupon board) and analog microphones (MP23ABS1 and IMP23ABSU)
- Easy portability across different MCU families thanks to STM32Cube
- Audio input class USB driver to allow the recognition of the device as a standard USB microphone and enable audio streaming
- PC-based streaming using third-party standard audio editors
- Free, user-friendly license terms
- Microphone acquisition sample implementation available on the X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 expansion board when connected to a P-NUCLEO-WB55, NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-L476RG or NUCLEO-F746ZG development board
- High performance microphone acquisition and streaming via USB available on the X-NUCLEO-CCA02M2 expansion board when connected to a STEVAL-MIC006V1 microphone coupon board and a P-NUCLEO-WB55, a NUCLEO-F401RE or NUCLEO-F746ZG development board
- Microphone acquisition sample implementation available on the X-NUCLEO-AMICAM1 expansion board when connected to a NUCLEO-L476RG or NUCLEO-L4R5ZI
- Microphone acquisition sample implementation available on the STEVAL-STWINKT1B (and STEVAL-STWINKT1) evaluation kit and STEVAL-STWINMAV1 microphone array expansion board
- Advanced processing applications based on ST acoustic libraries for NUCLEO-F401RE, NUCLEO-L4R5ZI development board and STEVAL-STWINKT1B (and STEVAL-STWINKT1) development kit, including AcousticBF (real-time beamforming) sample and AcousticSL (real-time sound source localization) sample
- Ultrasound FFT analysis demonstration available on the STEVAL-STWINKT1B (and STEVAL-STWINKT1) and on the X-NUCLEO-AMICAM1 expansion board when connected to a NUCLEO-L476RG or NUCLEO-L4R5ZI
Recommended for you