The USB Type-C™ is the newest USB connector ecosystem, which addresses the evolving needs of platforms and devices, while retaining the functional benefits of USB.
X-CUBE-USB-PD is a USB-IF certified Expansion Package. It consists of libraries, drivers, sources, APIs and application examples running on any STM32 32-bit microcontrollers acting as USB Type-C™ port managers (TCPMs) and controlling third party Type-C™ port controllers (TCPCs).
An example is provided to help to develop applications based on USB-PD.
The ‘Core’ of the stack is delivered in a library format, while the ‘TCPC Component’ part in open-source format offers a high level of flexibility to match the design considerations.
This Expansion Package supports various hardware implementations covering most of the typical USB Type-C™ use-cases at optimized cost.
To discover all the MCU-based solutions for USB Type-C™ and Power Delivery technology, go to the landing page https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/stm32-usb-c.html.
- Compliant with USB Type-C™ 1.3 specification and USB Power Delivery 3.0 standard
- Support to the following USB-PD 3.0 optional features:
- Programming power supply (PPS), fast role swap (FRS), extended messages
- Authentication messages and commands via USB-PD protocol
- Compliant with Type-C™ port controller interface (TCPCi) specification
- Enables the STM32 to act as TCPM (Type-C™ port manager) and to control multi TCPCs (Type-C™ port controllers)
- Dual-role power (DRP) supported
- USB Type-C™ CC logic supported
- Cable insertion, connector orientation detection and attachment with distant port
- USB-PD messages transmission and reception over selected configuration channel (CC lines)
- Protocol layer including coding and decoding using BMC and 5b4b coding
- PD communication supported for the two sides of the USB-C™ cable (SOP’, SOP’’)
- Driver of VCONN and SuperSpeed switches for a flip connector or alternate modes
- BIST mode support: BIST mode to enable platform testing at runtime
|Part Number||General Description||Software Version||Supplier||GitHub link||Download|
|X-CUBE-USB-PD||USB Type-C and Power Delivery software expansion for STM32Cube (UM2073)||3.1.0||ST||-|
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
STM32G0 - the world’s 1st USB Power Delivery 3.0 MCU (ST at embedded world 2019)
This advertising video presents the whole USB-C Power delivery ecosystem based on STM32G0 MCU featuring UCPD IP.