The STEVAL-BFA001V2B is an industrial reference design kit for condition monitoring (CM) and predictive maintenance (PdM), in a layout that is designed to meet IEC61000-4-2/4 and EN60947 requirements for industrial applications.
The hardware consists of a highly compact (50 x 9 x 9 mm) industrial sensor board specifically designed for real industrial applications, and the necessary debugging tools, cables, plugs and adapters for an industrial communications scenario. The connection is managed using a standard multipolar cable with one wire used for IO-Link data.
The STSW-BFA001V2 firmware package (freely available on www.st.com) includes dedicated algorithms for advanced time and frequency domain signal processing and analysis of the high bandwidth 3D digital accelerometer for vibration monitoring. The package includes pressure, relative humidity and temperature sensor monitoring samples as well as audio algorithms for acoustic emission (AE).
The firmware runs on the high performance STM32F469AI, ARM® Cortex®-M4, 32-bit microcontroller. The sensor data analysis results can be displayed on a user PC terminal emulator via wired connectivity or the related IO-Link master board interface.
IO-Link device stack v1.1. (for evaluation purposes, with some limitations) is included in object library format with IO-Link Device Descriptor (IODD) for all measurements and with dedicated examples to demonstrate device interoperability with any master tool. It supports BLOB transfer for vibration and acoustic FFT data, event generator and parameter configuration.
The package includes a GUI to demonstrate the IO-Link device features when connected to the STEVAL-IDP004V2 multi-port master evaluation board.
- Kit content:
- Sensor node (marked STEVAL-IDP005V2; not available for separate sale)
- Communication adapter board (marked STEVAL-UKI001V2; not available for separate sale)
- STLINK-V3MINI programming and debugging interface
- Cables and connector
- Main supply voltage: 18 - 32 V
- Main components of the sensor node:
- 32-bit ARM® Cortex®-M4 core for signal processing and analysis (STM32F469AI)
- Ultra-wide bandwidth (up to 6kHz), low-noise, 3-axis digital vibration sensor (IIS3DWB)
- Absolute digital pressure sensor (LPS22HB)
- Relative humidity and temperature sensors (HTS221)
- Digital microphone sensors (IMP34DT05)
- IO-Link PHY device (L6362A)
- EEPROM (M95M01-DF) for data storage
- Step-down switching regulator and LDO regulator (L6984 and LDK220)
- ESD protection (ESDALC6V1-1U2, SMBJ33CA)
- Complete set of firmware demo examples based on 3D accelerometer library with advanced frequency and time domain signal processing for predictive maintenance, including:
- Programmable FFT size (256, 512, 1024, 2048), overlapping and averaging
- Programmable windowing (Flat Top, Hanning, Hamming, Rectangular)
- Speed RMS moving average, acceleration max. peak
- Programmable threshold for warning and alarm conditions in spectral band
- Microphone algorithms for:
- PDM to PCM
- Sound pressure level (SPL)
- Audio FFT
- IO-Link device stack v1.1 protocol and IO-Link Device Descriptor (IODD) for all measurements included (provided by TEConcept GmbH)
- M12 standard industrial connector
- SWD connector for debugging and programming capability
- Reset button
- Expansion connector with GPIO, ADC, I²C bus, timer
- Designed to meet IEC industrial standard requirements
- Kit content:
Recommended for you
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||WEEE Compliant||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from Distributors||Order from ST||Core Product||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|STEVAL-BFA001V2B|| 4 distributors |
Distributor availability ofSTEVAL-BFA001V2B
Distributor reported inventory date: 2020-07-03
|Buy now||L6362A, IIS3DWB, STM32F469AI|| |
|3A991A2||ITALY||145.0 / 1|
Core ProductL6362A, IIS3DWB, STM32F469AI
Budgetary Price (US$)* / Qty
145.0 / 1
Country of Origin