IO-Link is a Factory Automation fieldbus-independent communication standard dedicated to connecting sensors and actuators as described in the IEC 61131-9 standard. Easily integrated with any of the most commonly used communication protocols found in factory automation systems through dedicated interfaces or bridges, it is a simple solution for extending existing networks to connect remote sensors and actuators. Developers will take full advantage of the Industry 4.0 or Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) concept where every sensor and associated data point is used to control and optimize even the most complex industrial processes in real time.
ST’s L6360 and L6362A enable a master and device solution for IO-Link and general-purpose (SIO-mode) transceivers via a single 3-wire connection (PHY2) supporting COM1 (4.8 kbaud), COM2 (38.4 kbaud) and COM3 (230.4 kbaud) modes.
The half-bridge output stages can be configured as high-side, low-side or push-pull for maximum design flexibility. The two ICs meet all the remote service, standardization, functionality verification, diagnostics and monitoring requirements of the latest sensors and actuators and are suitable for all automation systems.
Wide application spectrum
- Wide supply voltage range: 18 to 32.5 V (L6360), 7 to 36 V (L6362A)
- High output current capability: up to 500 mA (L6360), 220 mA (L6362A)
Maximum design flexibility
- Selectable output stage: high-side, low-side, and push-pull
- Easy access and full configurability in I2C mode with L6360
- Selectable linear regulators: 3.3 / 5 V 50 mA (L6360), 10 mA (L6362A)
Minimum power dissipation and maximum efficiency
- Best-in-class RDS(on) <1.6 Ω (L6362A), <2 Ω (L6360)
- Full set of protection functions
- LED diagnostics sequence for fast reaction to fault conditions