The STM32F3x4 product line is specifically addressing digital power conversion applications, such as D-SMPS, lighting, welding, inverters for solar systems and wireless chargers.
The main peripherals of the STM32F3x4 are:
- High-resolution timer: 217ps, self-compensated versus power supply and temperature drift.
- Ultra-fast comparator: 26ns from analog input to PWM shut-down
- Ultra-fast 12-bit ADC 5Msps (0.2µs)
- Operational amplifier with 5 built-in gain settings and 1% accuracy
The high resolution timer consists of a bank of 6 timers totaling:
- 10 PWM outputs (can be coupled by pairs)
- 10 external events inputs (Current limitation, Zero Voltage / Zero Current Detection…) and 5 fault inputs
The main features of the high resolution timers are:
- 217ps resolution available for all operating modes
- Variable duty cycle, variable frequency, Transition mode,…
- A number of features allows to unload the CPU
- One DMA channel per timer
- Built-in burst mode controller, topology specific modes: push-pull, resonant.
- Numerous interconnects between timers to
- Reset/Start adjacent timers
- Set / Reset / Toggle other outputs
- Transparent high-resolution implementation (equivalent to 4.6GHz timer) for easy programming
The STM32G4 Series combines a 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 core (with FPU and DSP instructions) running at 170 MHz combined with 3 different hardware accelerators: ART Accelerator™, CCM-SRAM routine booster and mathematical accelerators.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.