The ultra-low-power STM32L151x6/8/B-A and STM32L152x6/8/B-A devices incorporate the connectivity power of the universal serial bus (USB) with the high-performance ARM® Cortex®-M3 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of 32 MHz (33.3 DMIPS), a memory protection unit (MPU), high-speed embedded memories (Flash memory up to 128 Kbytes and RAM up to 32 Kbytes) and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses.
All the devices offer a 12-bit ADC, 2 DACs and 2 ultra-low-power comparators, six general-purpose 16-bit timers and two basic timers, which can be used as time bases.
Moreover, the STM32L151x6/8/B-A and STM32L152x6/8/B-A devices contain standard and advanced communication interfaces: up to two I2Cs and SPIs, three USARTs and a USB. The STM32L151x6/8/B-A and STM32L152x6/8/B-A devices offer up to 20 capacitive sensing channels to simply add touch sensing functionality to any application.
They also include a real-time clock with sub-second counting and a set of backup registers that remain powered in Standby mode.
Finally, the integrated LCD controller (except STM32L151x6/8/B-A devices) has a built-in LCD voltage generator that allows to drive up to 8 multiplexed LCDs with contrast independent of the supply voltage.
The ultra-low-power STM32L151x6/8/B-A and STM32L152x6/8/B-A devices operate from a 1.8 to 3.6 V power supply (down to 1.65 V at power down) with BOR and from a 1.65 to 3.6 V power supply without BOR option. They are available in the -40 to +85 °C and -40 to +105°C temperature ranges. A comprehensive set of power-saving modes allows the design of low-power applications.
Key FeaturesUltra-low-power platform
- 1.65 V to 3.6 V power supply
- -40 °C to 105 °C temperature range
- -40°C to 105°C temperature range
- 0.28 µA Standby mode (3 wakeup pins)
- 1.11 µA Standby mode + RTC
- 0.44 µA Stop mode (16 wakeup lines)
- 1.38 µA Stop mode + RTC
- 10.9 µA Low-power Run mode
- 185 µA/MHz Run mode
- 10 nA ultra-low I/O leakage
- 8 µs wakeup time
Core: ARM® Cortex®-M3 32-bit CPU
- From 32 kHz up to 32 MHz max
- 1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Dhrystone 2.1)
- Memory protection unit
Reset and supply management
- Ultra-safe, low-power BOR (brownout reset) with 5 selectable thresholds
- Ultra-low-power POR/PDR
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- 1 to 24 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- High Speed Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC (+/- 1%)
- Internal low-power 37 kHz RC
- Internal multispeed low-power 65 kHz to 4.2 MHz
- PLL for CPU clock and USB (48 MHz)
- USART supported
- Serial wire debug supported
- JTAG and trace supported
Up to 83 fast I/Os (73 I/Os 5V tolerant), all mappable on 16 external interrupt vectors
LCD Driver (except STM32L151x6/8/B-A devices) for up to 8x40 segments
- Up to 128 Kbytes Flash memory with ECC
- Up to 32 Kbytes RAM
- Up to 4 Kbytes of true EEPROM with ECC
- 80-byte backup register
- Support contrast adjustment
- Support blinking mode
- Step-up converter on board
Rich analog peripherals (down to 1.8 V)
- 12-bit ADC 1 Msps up to 24 channels
- 12-bit DAC 2 channels with output buffers
- 2x ultra-low-power-comparators(window mode and wake up capability)
DMA controller 7x channels
8x peripheral communication interfaces
- 1x USB 2.0 (internal 48 MHz PLL)
- 3x USART (ISO 7816, IrDA)
- 2x SPI 16 Mbits/s
- 2x I2C (SMBus/PMBus)
10x timers: 6x 16-bit with up to 4 IC/OC/PWM channels, 2x 16-bit basic timers, 2x watchdog timers (independent and window)
Up to 20 capacitive sensing channels supporting touchkey, linear and rotary touch sensors
CRC calculation unit, 96-bit unique ID
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
More and more devices have complex graphical user interfaces - much like smartphones - and ST's range of STM32 microcontrollers has a host of features which can be leveraged on a huge range of devices. We are constantly innovating to give you the performance you need!
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|LQFP 64 10x10x1.4||Industrial||Ecopack2|
|TFBGA 64 5x5x1.2||Industrial||Ecopack2|
LQFP 64 10x10x1.4
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.