STM32L1 series of ultra-low-power MCUs
ST’s Arm® Cortex®-M3-based STM32L1 series uses ST’s proprietary ultra-low-leakage process technology with an innovative autonomous dynamic voltage scaling and 5 low-power modes offering unprecedented platform flexibility to fit any application. The STM32L1 series extends the ultra-low-power concept with no compromise on performance.
More than just ultra-low-power MCUs, the STM32L1 series offers a wide portfolio of features, memory sizes and package pin counts. Combining ultra-low power and performance, the portfolio covers from 32 to 512 Kbytes of Flash memory (with up to
80 Kbytes of SDRAM and 16 Kbytes of true embedded EEPROM) and from 48 to 144 pins.
This innovative architecture (voltage scaling, ultra-low-power MSI oscillator) gives your design more performance for a very low power budget. The large number of embedded peripherals, such as USB, LCD interface, op amp, comparators, ADC with fast on/off mode, DAC, capacitive touch and AES, makes the STM32L1 series an expandable platform to fit all your requirements.
To simplify migration and give you all the flexibility you need, the STM32L1 is pin-to-pin compatible with the different STM32F series and opens the door to the full STM32 ecosystem.
- Ultra-low-power mode: 280 nA with backup registers (3 wakeup pins)
- Ultra-low-power mode + RTC: 900 nA with backup registers (3 wakeup pins)
- Low-power run mode: down to 9 μA
- Dynamic run mode: down to 177 μA/MHz
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
STM32 step-by-step is a learning program, and is part of the STM32 Education initiative, designed for anyone interested in getting started on building projects with the STM32 microcontroller and its powerful ecosystem of development boards and software programming tools. Whether you are an experienced embedded programmer or an enthusiastic beginner, learn in 5 tutorials from the basics of the STM32 ecosystem installation to blinking your LEDs to advanced software development with sensors, UART messages and Bluetooth communication. Start now and quickly become a professional STM32 developer!
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
Explore ST's complete ecosystem to start developing with STM32L1
Getting started with STM32L1
- Purchase a 64-pin Nucleo board, Discovery kit or Evaluation kit for STM32L1 MCUs.
- Download the Free STM32CubeL1embedded software package containing the HAL, LL (low-layer) APIs, and middleware. Then install ST’s Free STM32CubeMX graphical software configuration tool that supports pinout configuration, code generation and a power consumption calculator. Start with one of the many examples provided or build your own project.
STM32L1 Low power Wireless Solution (Sigfox)
To discover low-power wireless solutions based on the STM32L1, the STEVAL-FKI433V1 (430 – 470 MHz) and the STEVAL-FKI868V1 (860 - 940 MHz) development kit based on Spirit2 low-power Sub-GHz transceiver are now available.