The ultra-low-power STM32L162xC/C-A devices incorporate the connectivity power of the universal serial bus (USB) with the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M3 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of 32 MHz (33.3 DMIPS), a memory protection unit (MPU), high-speed embedded memories (Flash memory up to 256 Kbytes and RAM up to 32 Kbytes) and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses.
The STM32L162xC/C-A devices offer two operational amplifiers, one 12-bit ADC, two DACs, two ultra-low-power comparators, AES, one general-purpose 32-bit timer, six general-purpose 16-bit timers and two basic timers, which can be used as time bases.
Moreover, the STM32L162xC/C-A devices contain standard and advanced communication interfaces: up to two I2Cs, three SPIs, two I2S, three USARTs, and an USB. The STM32L162xC/C-A devices offer up to 23 capacitive sensing channels to simply add a touch sensing functionality to any application.
They also include a real-time clock and a set of backup registers that remain powered in Standby mode.
Finally, the integrated LCD controller has a built-in LCD voltage generator that allows to drive up to 8 multiplexed LCDs with the contrast independent of the supply voltage.
The ultra-low-power STM32L162xC/C-A devices operate from a 1.8 to 3.6 V power supply (down to 1.65 V at power down) with BOR and from a 1.65 to 3.6 V power supply without BOR option. They are available in the -40 to +85 °C and -40 to +105 °C temperature ranges. A comprehensive set of power-saving modes allows the design of low-power applications.
- Ultra-low-power platform
- 1.65 V to 3.6 V power supply
- -40°C to 105°C temperature range
- 305 nA Standby mode (3 wakeup pins)
- 1.15 μA Standby mode + RTC
- 0.475 μA Stop mode (16 wakeup lines)
- 1.35 μA Stop mode + RTC
- 11 μA Low-power Run mode
- 230 μA/MHz Run mode
- 10 nA ultra-low I/O leakage
- 8 μs wakeup time
- AES-128 bit encryption hardware accelerator
- Core: Arm® Cortex®-M3 32-bit CPU
- From 32 kHz up to 32 MHz max
- 1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Dhrystone 2.1)
- Memory protection unit
- Up to 23 capacitive sensing channels
- CRC calculation unit, 96-bit unique ID
- Reset and supply management
- Low-power, ultrasafe BOR (brownout reset) with 5 selectable thresholds
- Ultra-low-power POR/PDR
- Programmable voltage detector (PVD)
- Clock sources
- 1 to 24 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz oscillator for RTC with calibration
- High Speed Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC (+/- 1%)
- Internal low-power 37 kHz RC
- Internal multispeed low-power 65 kHz to 4.2 MHz
- PLL for CPU clock and USB (48 MHz)
- Pre-programmed bootloader
- USB and USART supported
- Serial wire debug, JTAG and trace
- Up to 116 fast I/Os (102 I/Os 5V tolerant), all mappable on 16 external interrupt vectors
- 256 Kbytes of Flash memory with ECC
- 32 Kbytes of RAM
- 8 Kbytes of true EEPROM with ECC
- 128-byte backup register
- LCD driver for up to 8x40 segments (contrast adjustment, blinking mode, step-up converter)
- Rich analog peripherals (down to 1.8V)
- 2x operational amplifiers
- 12-bit ADC 1 Msps up to 40 channels
- 12-bit DAC 2 ch with output buffers
- 2x ultra-low-power-comparators(window mode and wakeup capability)
- DMA controller 12x channels
- 9x peripheral communication interfaces
- 1x USB 2.0 (internal 48 MHz PLL)
- 3x USARTs
- Up to 8x SPIs (2x I2S, 3x 16 Mbit/s)
- 2x I2Cs (SMBus/PMBus)
- 11x timers: 1x 32-bit, 6x 16-bit with up to 4 IC/OC/PWM channels, 2x 16-bit basic timer, 2x watchdog timers (independent and window)
- Ultra-low-power platform
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
More and more devices have complex graphical user interfaces - much like smartphones - and ST's range of STM32 microcontrollers has a host of features which can be leveraged on a huge range of devices. We are constantly innovating to give you the performance you need!
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|UFBGA 7X7X0.6 132L P 0.5 R 12X12||Industrial||Ecopack2||
Package:UFBGA 7X7X0.6 132L P 0.5 R 12X12
UFBGA 7X7X0.6 132L P 0.5 R 12X12
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.