The STM32L451xx devices are the ultra-low-power microcontrollers based on the high-performance Arm® Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 80 MHz. The Cortex-M4 core features a Floating point unit (FPU) single precision which supports all Arm® single-precision data-processing instructions and data types. It also implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) which enhances application security.
The STM32L451xx devices embed high-speed memories (Flash memory up to 512 Kbyte, 160 Kbyte of SRAM), a Quad SPI flash memories interface (available on all packages) and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses, two AHB buses and a 32-bit multi-AHB bus matrix.
The STM32L451xx devices embed several protection mechanisms for embedded Flash memory and SRAM: readout protection, write protection, proprietary code readout protection and Firewall.
The devices offer a fast 12-bit ADC (5 Msps), two comparators, one operational amplifier, one DAC channel, an internal voltage reference buffer, a low-power RTC, one general-purpose 32-bit timer, one 16-bit PWM timer dedicated to motor control, four general-purpose 16-bit timers, and two 16-bit low-power timers.
In addition, up to 21 capacitive sensing channels are available.
They also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces.
The STM32L451xx operates in the -40 to +85 °C (+105 °C junction) and -40 to +125 °C (+130 °C junction) temperature ranges from a 1.71 to 3.6 V power supply. A comprehensive set of power-saving modes allows the design of low-power applications.
Some independent power supplies are supported: analog independent supply input for ADC, DAC, OPAMP and comparators. A VBAT input allows to backup the RTC and backup registers.
The STM32L451xx family offers six packages from 48 to 100-pin packages.
Key FeaturesUltra-low-power with FlexPowerControl
- 1.71 V to 3.6 V power supply
- -40 °C to 85/125 °C temperature range
- 145 nA in VBAT mode: supply for RTC and 32x32-bit backup registers
- 22 nA Shutdown mode (5 wakeup pins)
- 106 nA Standby mode (5 wakeup pins)
- 375 nA Standby mode with RTC
- 2.05 μA Stop 2 mode, 2.40 μA with RTC
- 84 μA/MHz run mode
- Batch acquisition mode (BAM)
- 4 μs wakeup from Stop mode
- Brown out reset (BOR)
- Interconnect matrix
Core: Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU, Adaptive real-time accelerator (ART Accelerator™) allowing 0-wait-state execution from Flash memory, frequency up to 80 MHz, MPU, 100DMIPS and DSP instructions
- 1.25 DMIPS/MHz (Drystone 2.1)
- 273.55 CoreMark® (3.42 CoreMark/MHz @ 80 MHz)
- 174.5 ULPBench® score
- 4 to 48 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator for RTC (LSE)
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC (±1%)
- Internal low-power 32 kHz RC (±5%)
- Internal multispeed 100 kHz to 48 MHz oscillator, auto-trimmed by LSE (better than ±0.25 % accuracy)
- Internal 48 MHz with clock recovery
- 2 PLLs for system clock, audio, ADC
Up to 83 fast I/Os, most 5 V-tolerant
RTC with HW calendar, alarms and calibration
Up to 21 capacitive sensing channels: support touchkey, linear and rotary touch sensors
12x timers: 1x 16-bit advanced motor-control, 1x 32-bit and 3x 16-bit general purpose, 2x 16-bit basic, 2x low-power 16-bit timers (available in Stop mode), 2x watchdogs, SysTick timerMemories
- Up to 512 KB single bank Flash, proprietary code readout protection
- 160 KB of SRAM including 32 KB with hardware parity check
- Quad SPI memory interface
Rich analog peripherals (independent supply)
- 1x 12-bit ADC 5 Msps, up to 16-bit with hardware oversampling, 200 μA/Msps
- 1x 12-bit DAC output channels, low-power sample and hold
- 1x operational amplifier with built-in PGA
- 2x ultra-low-power comparators
- Accurate 2.5 V or 2.048 V reference voltage buffered output
16x communication interfaces
- 1x SAI (serial audio interface)
- 4x I2C FM+(1 Mbit/s), SMBus/PMBus
- 3x USARTs (ISO 7816, LIN, IrDA, modem)
- 1x UART (LIN, IrDA, modem)
- 1x LPUART (Stop 2 wake-up)
- 3x SPIs (and 1x Quad SPI)
- CAN (2.0B Active) and SDMMC interface
- IRTIM (Infrared interface)
14-channel DMA controller
True random number generator
CRC calculation unit, 96-bit unique ID
Development support: serial wire debug (SWD), JTAG, Embedded Trace Macrocell™
All packages are ECOPACK2® compliant
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
ST has built a new architecture to reach best-in-class ultra-low-power figures thanks to its high flexibility. STM32L4 MCUs have scored 447 ULPMark-CP and 167 ULPMark-PP in the standardized EEMBC™ ULPMark® tests that compare the efficiency of ultra-low-power microcontrollers. Moreover, the STM32L4 series shatters performance limits in the ultra-low-power world. It delivers 100 DMIPS based on its Arm® Cortex®-M4 core with FPU and ST ART Accelerator™ at 80 MHz.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|LQFP 100 14x14x1.4||Industrial||Ecopack2||
|UFBGA 100 7x7x0.6||Industrial||Ecopack2||
Package:LQFP 100 14x14x1.4
LQFP 100 14x14x1.4
RoHS Compliance Grade
Package:UFBGA 100 7x7x0.6
UFBGA 100 7x7x0.6
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.