Embedded Wizard is TARA Systems’ embedded GUI technology, a solution that enables the creation of sophisticated graphical user interfaces for microcontrollers, even for those with limited resources.
With the use of Embedded Wizard’s WYSIWYG editing facility, instant prototyping, simulating and debugging on PC without compiling, linking and flashing to the target MCU you can speed up your GUI development.
Embedded Wizard generates pure ANSI-C source code with no further dependencies on any other software stacks or components. The created GUI runs on bare metal or with any RTOS (real-time operating system).
With Embedded Wizard you benefit from an optimized UI (user interface) performance by utilizing the Chrom-ART graphics accelerator™ (when available).
Embedded Wizard supports you in creating GUI projects with different variants (various styles, screen resolutions, etc.) for different use cases, which all can be managed within just one GUI project. This is enabled with full OOP (object-oriented programming) and UNICODE support.
You can start a new GUI project quickly and easily with ready-to-use widgets, templates and examples.
TARA Systems’ Embedded Wizard also allows the creation of GUIs for other non-embedded systems, enabling the user to perform user acceptance testing with a Windows®, a web or native mobile application for example.
- Highly optimized ANSI-C source code generation process based on a comfortable WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editing approach
- Achieve an extremely low memory-footprint by supporting multiple color formats and depths such as RGBA8888, RGBA4444, Index8 and 4bit grey-scale
- Adaptive palettes (CLUT) for Index8 color format
- Access bitmaps and string resources directly from Flash memory in order to achieve a lowest RAM consumption (for example for systems using only SRAM)
- Capability to generate the GUI (graphical user interface) application with a different screen orientation than the physical framebuffer or display while keeping the same performance. There is no additional software or hardware rotation operation involved during runtime
- Highly optimized graphics engine that updates only the necessary areas ('dirty rectangles'), drawing only effectively visible objects and dismissing all invisible or concealed objects
Evaluation Version: Yes
License type: License
For more information related to the Partner Product/Service, please visit: www.embedded-wizard.de/platforms/stmicroelectronics