MPE is a 6/9-axis sensor fusion software providing real-time 3D orientation estimation with exceptional accuracy and consistent results. It empowers your product with the latest signal processing technology and the lowest estimation error, making it on par with the optical ground truth.
For example, let’s take a sports activity tracker based on ST's 9-axis sensor module with a Cortex-M4 MCU. The device needs to detect different events of interest, such as jumps, kicks, turns, walking and running. Executed on the MCU, MPE then uses an advanced Kalman filter and other algorithms to accurately track the activities.
MPE’s tried-and-tested algorithms ensure negligible drift in both static and dynamic conditions. It also keeps your product unaffected by magnetic disturbances using a magnetometer disturbance rejection algorithm.
- Fuses gyroscope, accelerometer and magnetometer data
- Provides 3D orientation estimates in quaternion and raw forms
- Low power & footprint – 0.85 ms/iteration, 0.5 kB RAM, 25 kB flash on Cortex-M4
- Applicable for multiple IMU network sync
- A hardware-agnostic static C library
- Sensor calibration routines
- Gyroscope bias online compensation
- Magnetometer disturbance rejection