embOS-Ultra uses Cycle-resolution Timing to offer greater precision and time resolution than any other RTOS on the market. Scheduling of all time-based events, such as timeouts, delays, and periodic timers, can now be specified in microseconds or CPU cycles. Cycle-resolution Timing technology replaces target-specific techniques for precise timing with clean and consistent API calls.
Applications can instantly benefit from the upgrade to embOS-Ultra. Migration from a traditional RTOS is very simple, with no application changes required and with traditional RTOS behavior maintained. embOS-Ultra simply provides Cycle-resolution Timing where new additional API calls are used. There is no need to choose between the traditional and the revolutionary.
By eliminating the periodic tick interrupt, embOS-Ultra reduces the CPU load and saves energy. Considering that billions of devices currently use a traditional RTOS, this represents huge potential energy savings.
embOS-Ultra is available in source code and object code for many CPU and compiler combinations. Its source code is written in C, with a small CPU, and compiler-speciﬁc component written in assembler code.
- Greater precision and time resolution
- Finer time granularity - μs, ns or even cycles
- Easy migration from traditional RTOS
- Full compatibility - no need to choose between traditional and revolutionary
- Energy savings for all applications
- Expanded range of applications for RTOS use
- Available in source code and object code for many CPU and compiler combinations