emFile is a file system library that enables an embedded application or system to store data, safely and reliably on any kind of storage device.
The library is the result of more than 28 years of continuous development and is deployed on several million devices worldwide, making it a proven in-field file system for the embedded industry.
Ready-to-use device drivers are available for NAND, and NOR flash, SD/SDHC/SDXC/MMC cards, e.MMC storage devices, CompactFlash cards, and USB flash drives. emFile comes with support for the common FAT12/16/32 file systems and for SEGGER's proprietary file system EFS (Embedded File System) that has been specifically designed to meet the requirements of state-of-the-art embedded applications.
- File system for embedded devices
- Fail safe—no file system corruption, no data loss
- Supports encryption for embedded file system
- Supports multiple storage devices: NAND, NOR, and SD-Card
- High performance NOR driver with static and dynamic wear levelling
- High performance NAND driver with static and dynamic wear levelling
- RAID 1 & RAID 5 support
- ECC bit error correction