With TapNLink Primer, it takes just minutes for system designers to create their first IoT proofs-of-concept. The Primer connects microcontroller-based systems to mobile devices via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) or Near Field Communication * (NFC) interface. Users can rapidly and easily create Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI) that run as mobile app for any microcontroller-based system.
The Primer connects to a target MCU using only 2 GPIO and either:
- Serial protocol (S3P - Software Secure Serial Protocol) **
- SWD (debug) protocol for ARM Cortex M-based microcontrollers
Its TapNLink wireless module implements by configuration only. There is no coding or hardware to design. Just specify the variables in the target MCU application, set access rights and display parameters. The free IoTize Studio configuration software automatically generates your custom HMI as a mobile app (supports Android and iOS).
In just minutes, you will be able to connect a mobile to your microcontroller application, and view or change data from your mobile HMI app.
- PCB dimensions: 38 mm x 28 mm x 3 mm
- Configurable access profiles
- Configurable, encrypted passwords
- Configurable BLE pairing using NFC
Mobile Platform Support
- HTML5 web apps (Android, iOS)
- Cordova-based hybrid apps (native, Java)
- Automatic app generation (Android, iOS)
- 1x TapNLink wireless module (Wi-Fi, BLE, NFC interfaces)
- 1x ABS plastic cover
- 1x Six-probe connection cable
- 1x STM32 sample application board and software
Free Supporting Software
- IoTize Studio configuration software for Windows PCs
- Tap Manager app for mobile devices (Android, iOS)
- Arduino-Tap library for Arduino integration (GitHub)
- Open Source MQTT relay
The TapNLink Primer also includes sample microcontroller application firmware for all STM32 microcontrollers and an accompanying Sensor Demo app for Android and iOS mobiles to help you get started.