The 1200 V IGBT H series is based on trench field-stop technology and is optimized for applications working at switching frequencies between 20 and 100 kHz. These high-speed IGBTs combine a very short tail current with low turn-off energy losses and a very fast turn-on, boosting the energy efficiency of applications such as solar inverters, welders, UPS and PFC converters. IGBTs are belonging to the STPOWER™ family.
The extended maximum operation junction temperature of 175 °C combined with a wide safe operating area (SOA) make them ideal for use in harsh environments.
For cost-sensitive applications, diode-free variants are available. With a current rating of 15 A, 25 A and 40 A, they are available in standard or long-lead TO-247 packages.
- High-speed IGBTs (up to 100 kHz)
- High robustness and reliability thanks to 1200 V breakdown voltage, 5 µs min. short-circuit rating (at 150 °C starting TJ) and extended max operating TJ of 175 °C
- Thin IGBT die for increased thermal resistance
- Positive VCE(sat) temperature coefficient, with tight parameter distribution, for design simplification and easy paralleling
- Co-packaged freewheeling diode for fast recovery (adequate level of softness, excellent high speed switching and EMI)
ST’s 1200 V IGBT H series complements ST’s 1200 V IGBT S series and M series, which are designed for optimum efficiency at up to 8 kHz and 20 kHz respectively.
Our wide STPOWER™ product portfolio combined with state-of-the art packaging and protections for high reliability and safety helps designers find the right solutions for customized, high-efficiency applications that will last a long lifetime.