Based on trench-field stop (TFS) technology, the 1200 V IGBT M series is designed for applications working at a switching frequency between 2 and 20 kHz. With highly optimized conduction and turn-off characteristics, as well as turn-on losses, these IGBTs are ideal for use in hard-switching circuits in applications such as solar inverters, welding equipment, UPS and industrial motor drives. IGBTs are belonging to the STPOWER family.
A minimum short-circuit withstand time of 10 µs at 150 °C starting junction temperature combined with a maximum operating junction temperature of 175 °C and a wide safe operating area (SOA) ensures rugged performance in harsh environments.
For cost-sensitive applications, diode-free variants are available. With a current rating of 8 A, 15 A, 25 A and 40 A, they are available in standard or long-lead TO-247 packages.
STPOWER IGBT main characteristics:
- Low loss IGBT series for applications up to 20 kHz
- High robustness and reliability thanks to 1200 V breakdown voltage, 10 µs min. short-circuit rating (at 150 °C starting TJ) and extended max operating TJ of 175 °C
- Thin IGBT die for increased thermal resistance
- Positive VCE(sat) temperature coefficient, with tight parameter distribution, for design simplification and easy paralleling
- Optimized diode for fast recovery (high level of softness, low EMI and turn-on losses)
Ideal for hard-switching topologies up to 20 kHz, ST’s 1200 V IGBT M series complements ST’s 1200 V IGBT S series and H series, which are designed for optimum efficiency at up to 8 kHz and over 20 kHz respectively.
Our wide STPOWER product portfolio combined with state-of-the art packaging and protections for high reliability and safety helps designers find the right solutions for customized, high-efficiency applications that will last a long lifetime.