The STCC2540 device integrates, in one package, a USB charger controller, a wide bandwidth data switch, and a high current power switch. The device emulates several profiles compatible with the USB battery charging standard, BC1.2, Chinese telecommunications standard YD/T 1591-2009, and proprietary charger modes.
The device asserts the charging flag in DCP modes if the charging current is higher than the threshold. In CDP mode, it asserts the charging flag after the CDP negotiation if the charging current is higher than the threshold.
After the current drops below the threshold, the output is deasserted, allowing the host to turn off the high power DC-DC converter and reduce overall consumption in S4/S5 states, which is critical when the host is battery supplied.
- Compliant with USB charging specifications BC1.2, USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 standards
- Compliant with Chinese telecommunications industry standard YD/T 1591-2009
- Compatible with proprietary charging mode (Apple®1 A / 2 A, BlackBerry®, Korean tablets)
- Wide bandwidth, low-loss USB 2.0 data switch
- Integrated VBUSpower switch with low RONof 65 mΩ
- Constant current mode overcurrent protection
- Soft-start to limit inrush current
- Adjustable current limit up to 2.8 A
- Short-circuit, thermal and undervoltage protection
- Reverse voltage and reverse current protection
- Deglitched fault reporting output
- Supports remote wakeup in S3
- Charging indication output in DCP and CDP modes
- Package: VFQFPN 16L 3 x 3 x 0.8 mm with exposed pad
- Temperature range: -40 up to 85 °C
- UL and CB recognized components (UL file number: E354278)
Recommended for you
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - STCC2540
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFQFPN 16 3x3x0.8||Industrial||Ecopack3|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|STCC2540IQTR|| distributors |
Distributor availability of STCC2540IQTR
Distributor reported inventory date:
| Buy from Distributor || |
|EAR99||NEC||Tape and Reel||VFQFPN 16 3x3x0.8||-40||85||MALAYSIA|| |
Tape and Reel
Operating Temperature (°C)
Country of Origin:
(*) Suggested Resale Price (USD) per defined quantity for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors