600 V, 150°C 6H high-temperature triacs
Our 600 V 6H triacs are high-temperature triacs with an easy, low-current gate drive. They offer high switching rates and the sparkless features of semiconductors, a significant advantage over traditional relay devices. Phase angle drive of the gate allows simple dimming for lighting and variable speeds for universal motors.
Specified with a maximum junction temperature of 150°C, 6H and 8H triacs they are particularly suited to hot environments and to PCB designs requiring high power density. Featuring a maximum current of 50 A with standard or logic-level gate sensitivity, ST offers two different series: 600 V 6H triacs and 800 V 8H triacs. Both are available in D²PAK, I²PAK or TO-220(I) packages.
The 600 V 6H triacs excel in controlling transient currents at up to 4 times the main rated current. They also withstand high inrush current capability. The combination is a must for unknown environments and SSR functions. Other equipment like AC motor drives, high end home appliances, heating units, coffee machines and food processors will also make good use of the double feature. The latter applications will also benefit from the 10 to 50 mA gate current versions which can be easily driven by a MCU port, while still ensuring a 6 kV IEC61000-4-4 immunity level.
Controlling transients at 4 times the rated current also means using smaller silicon for the same job, or reducing the heatsink size using the enhanced 150°C Tj for higher thermal headroom for smaller, more robust appliance.
To help improve the reliability and ruggedness of your system, our 600 V and 800 V triacs offer the following features:
- A durably low leakage @ 150°C which keeps standby losses at the lowest
- The dV/dt immunity (2000V/µs@150°C) is tailored for industrial apps
- The IEC 61000-4-5 level in excess of 6kV brings a high security margin in commutation immunity in case of adverse EMI environment
- Specifically designed low voltage drop keeps conduction losses down
- Combination of low switching losses and immunity performance @ temperature leads to much smaller heatsinking needs.
eDesignSuite is a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products.