On-demand webinar: Ultra-low power MCUs - what makes STM32L5 MCUs special
Check out this 1-hour, on-demand webinar on STM32L5 MCUs: the right architecture to meet your power consumption targets
Ultra-low power applications typically go through three different phases, which are repeated several times: the inactive phase, the inactive-to-active transition phase and the active phase.
In order to reduce the amount of energy needed during each phase and save battery lifetime, microcontrollers need to offer:
- efficient computation power and smart peripherals to reduce current consumption and the time spent in the active phase
- a fast wake-up time, to spend minimal time in the inactive-to-active transition phase
- multiple low-power modes to be able to select the most appropriate one for given use cases and reduce current consumption in the inactive phase.
During this one-hour webinar, our experts will present the STM32L5 architecture and technical features that directly address the requirements of ultra-low power applications and show you several live demos.
- STM32L5 overview and ultra-low power features
- STM32L5 offers computation performance and efficiency
- Demo: CoreMark
- Demo: Consumption measurement with CoreMark
- STM32L5 low power modes and their typical selection
- Demo: Low-power applications
There is a Q&A session at the end of the webinar where ST’s experienced engineers answered questions from the floor.
Martin Hubik joined STMicroelectronics in 2016. He is a member of the MCU online technical support team. As an MCU Application Engineer, he supports EMEA customers, who work with ultra-low power STM32 MCUs and wireless STM32 MCUs. Martin is from Czech Republic and works in ST’s office in Prague.
Szymon Panecki joined STMicroelectronics in 2015. He started his career as an MCU Application Engineer in the online technical support team. He currently works as an MCU Technical Marketing Engineer and supports customers from Poland and Austria, who work with STM32 and STM8 MCUs. Szymon is from Poland and works in ST’s office in Warsaw.