The STM32L475xx devices are the ultra-low-power microcontrollers based on the high-performance ARM® Cortex®-M4 32-bit RISC core operating at a frequency of up to 80 MHz. The Cortex-M4 core features a Floating point unit (FPU) single precision which supports all ARM single-precision data-processing instructions and data types. It also implements a full set of DSP instructions and a memory protection unit (MPU) which enhances application security.
The STM32L475xx devices embed high-speed memories (Flash memory up to 1 Mbyte, up to 128 Kbyte of SRAM), a flexible external memory controller (FSMC) for static memories (for devices with 100 pins package), a Quad SPI flash memories interface (available on all packages) and an extensive range of enhanced I/Os and peripherals connected to two APB buses, two AHB buses and a 32-bit multi-AHB bus matrix.
The STM32L475xx devices embed several protection mechanisms for embedded Flash memory and SRAM: readout protection, write protection, proprietary code readout protection and Firewall.
The devices offer up to two fast 12-bit ADCs (5 Msps), two comparators, two operational amplifiers, two DAC channels, an internal voltage reference buffer, a low-power RTC, two general-purpose 32-bit timer, two 16-bit PWM timers dedicated to motor control, seven general-purpose 16-bit timers, and two 16-bit low-power timers. The devices support four digital filters for external sigma delta modulators (DFSDM).
In addition, up to 21 capacitive sensing channels are available.
They also feature standard and advanced communication interfaces.
- Ultra-low-power with FlexPowerControl
- 1.71 V to 3.6 V power supply
- -40 °C to 85/105/125 °C temperature range
- 300 nA in VBAT mode: supply for RTC and 32x32-bit backup registers
- 30 nA Shutdown mode (5 wakeup pins)
- 120 nA Standby mode (5 wakeup pins)
- 420 nA Standby mode with RTC
- 1.1 μA Stop 2 mode, 1.4 μA Stop 2 with RTC
- 100 μA/MHz run mode
- Batch acquisition mode (BAM)
- 4 μs wakeup from Stop mode
- Brown out reset (BOR) in all modes except shutdown
- Interconnect matrix
- Core: ARM® 32-bit Cortex®-M4 CPU with FPU, Adaptive real-time accelerator (ART Accelerator™) allowing 0-wait-state execution from Flash memory, frequency up to 80 MHz, MPU, 100DMIPS/1.25DMIPS/MHz (Dhrystone 2.1), and DSP instructions
- Clock Sources
- 4 to 48 MHz crystal oscillator
- 32 kHz crystal oscillator for RTC (LSE)
- Internal 16 MHz factory-trimmed RC (±1%)
- Internal low-power 32 kHz RC (±5%)
- Internal multispeed 100 kHz to 48 MHz oscillator, auto-trimmed by LSE (better than ±0.25 % accuracy)
- 3 PLLs for system clock, USB, audio, ADC
- RTC with HW calendar, alarms and calibration
- Up to 21 capacitive sensing channels: support touchkey, linear and rotary touch sensors
- 16x timers: 2 x 16-bit advanced motor-control, 2 x 32-bit and 5 x 16-bit general purpose, 2x 16-bit basic, 2x low-power 16-bit timers (available in Stop mode), 2x watchdogs, SysTick timer
- Up to 114 fast I/Os, most 5 V-tolerant, up to 14 I/Os with independent supply down to 1.08 V
- Up to 1 MB Flash, 2 banks read-while-write, proprietary code readout protection
- Up to 128 KB of SRAM including 32 KB with hardware parity check
- External memory interface for static memories supporting SRAM, PSRAM, NOR and NAND memories
- Quad SPI memory interface
- 4x digital filters for sigma delta modulator
- Rich analog peripherals (independent supply)
- 2× 12-bit ADC 5 Msps, up to 16-bit with hardware oversampling, 200 μA/Msps
- 2x 12-bit DAC, low-power sample and hold
- 2x operational amplifiers with built-in PGA
- 2x ultra-low-power comparators
- 18x communication interfaces
- USB OTG 2.0 full-speed, LPM and BCD
- 2x SAIs (serial audio interface)
- 3x I2C FM+(1 Mbit/s), SMBus/PMBus
- 6x USARTs (ISO 7816, LIN, IrDA, modem)
- 3x SPIs (4x SPIs with the Quad SPI)
- CAN (2.0B Active) and SDMMC interface
- SWPMI single wire protocol master I/F
- 14-channel DMA controller
- True random number generator
- CRC calculation unit, 96-bit unique ID
- Development support: serial wire debug (SWD), JTAG, Embedded Trace Macrocell™
- Ultra-low-power with FlexPowerControl
MadeForSTM32™ is a new quality label delivered by ST, which is granted after an evaluation process. It helps engineers identify third party solutions with the highest level of integration and quality for the STM32 microcontrollers' ecosystem. MadeForSTM32™ is offered to members of the ST Partner Program who want to go one step further in our collaboration, with the overall objective of contributing to a high-quality STM32 ecosystem.
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
ST has built a new architecture to reach best-in-class ultra-low-power figures thanks to its high flexibility. STM32L4 MCUs have scored 447 ULPMark-CP and 167 ULPMark-PP in the standardized EEMBC™ ULPMark® tests that compare the efficiency of ultra-low-power microcontrollers. Moreover, the STM32L4 series shatters performance limits in the ultra-low-power world. It delivers 100 DMIPS based on its Arm® Cortex®-M4 core with FPU and ST ART Accelerator™ at 80 MHz.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||SMPS||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|LQFP 100 14x14x1.4||-||Industrial||Ecopack2|| |
Package:LQFP 100 14x14x1.4
LQFP 100 14x14x1.4
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.