The ALED1262ZT is a monolithic 12 output LED driver designed for automotive exterior and interior lighting applications. The ALED1262ZT guarantees 19 V output driving capability allowing users to connect several LEDs in series. In the output stage, twelve regulated current sources provide from 6 mA to 60 mA constant current to drive LEDs. The current is programmed by a single external resistor. In the ALED1262ZT, LED open error detection is available.
The brightness can be adjusted separately for each channel through a 7-bit grayscale control. A slow turn-on and turn-off time improves the system low noise generation performance. Moreover the gradual output delay reduces the inrush current. To further increase EMI performance, this device implements an internal clock dithering to have a spread spectrum noise reduction.
Thermal management is equipped with overtemperature data alert and the output thermal shutdown (170 °C). The I²C high clock frequency, up to 400 kHz, makes the device suitable for high data rate transmissions. The supply voltage range is between 5.5 V and 38 V avoiding any external pre-regulation or additional load dump protection on the power supply stage.
This device can operate in bus-driven mode (BDM) using I²C interface or in standalone mode (SAM) using internal custom configuration by OTP.
- Designed for automotive applications
- 12 constant current output channels
- 19 V current generator rated voltage
- Output current: from 6 mA to 60 mA
- Current programmable by a single external resistor
- 7-bit PWM local brightness control
- Slow turn-on/off time, gradual output delay and dithered clock for EMI reduction
- Error detection for open LEDs
- Supply voltage: from 5.5 V to 38 V
- Thermal shutdown and overtemperature alert
- Standalone and bus-driven mode
- Custom configuration by OTP with Redundancy and ECC
- 400 kHz fast I²C interface with selectable extended Hamming encoding
- Wired-OR error flag connection
Watch the ALED1262ZT video, an automotive-grade 12-Channel LED Driver for advanced rear lighting solutions
The smart way to design your application
Recommended for you
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.