The HVLED001A is an enhanced peak current mode controller capable of controlling high power factor (HPF) flyback or buck-boost topologies in LED drivers that have an output power of up to 150 W. Other topologies, such as buck, boost and SEPIC, can also be implemented.
ST’s innovative high voltage technology allows direct connection of the HVLED001A device to the input voltage to start up the device and to monitor the input voltage, without the need for external components.
The device embeds advanced features to control either the output voltage or the output current precisely and reliably using a reduced number of mainly passive components. Startup and light load conditions are managed by dedicated operating schemes to improve the quality of the regulation of the output variable in the final application. Abnormal conditions such as open circuit, output short-circuit, input overvoltage/ undervoltage and circuit failures like open loop and overcurrent of the main switch are effectively controlled.
A smart auto-recover timer (ART) function is built-in to guarantee automatic application recovery, without loss of reliability.
- Quasi resonant (QR) topology
- Optimized output voltage accuracy at any load (PSR mode)
- Improved transient response and startup time
- Direct optocoupler connection for current loop regulation with feedback disconnection detection
- 800 V high voltage startup
- High power factor and low THD over wide range of input voltage and load variations
- High efficiency and output stability over wide voltage and current range
- Low startup and quiescent current
- Programmable minimum off-time
- Integrated input voltage detection for high power factor capability and protection triggering
- Latch-free device guaranteed by smart auto-reload timer (ART)
- 0-10 and PWM dimming compatible
- Remote control pin
Watch the ALED1262ZT video, an automotive-grade 12-Channel LED Driver for advanced rear lighting solutions
The smart way to design your application
Light on your ideas
Recommended for you
LED Lighting and Controls
Power Supplies and Converters
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||Grade||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
RoHS Compliance Grade
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.