STM32WB Networking – BLE MESH MOOC
STM32 goes wireless: BLE IoT for all!
This MOOC demonstrates how to build Bluetooth Mesh network with STM32WB using STM32WB55Nucleo pack and its software package.
What is the STM32WB?
The STM32WB55xx multi-protocol wireless and ultra-low-power devices embed a powerful and ultra-low-power radio compliant with the Bluetooth® Low Energy SIG specification v5.0 and with IEEE 802.15.4-2011. They contain a dedicated Arm® Cortex® -M0+ for performing all the real-time low layer operation.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers looking for more information about our STM32WB microcontrollers
- Engineers interested in Mesh network creation with STM32WB devices
- Engineers looking to design applications using a user-friendly development ecosystem
Benefits you will take away
- Understanding of how to take advantage of SDK
- Hands-on exercise where you will setup your first Mesh network
- Knowledge, where to find follow up resources
On line course concept
- Courses are provided in MOOC format with course material available online, mostly as videos complemented with exercises.
- This course takes approximately 1 hour to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- BLE Mesh basics
- Hands-on: BLE MESH Lighting demo
- You need to have a good understanding of embedded system development and programing in C
- The P-NUCLEO-WB55 pack is required for the hands-on exercises included in the course
- 1x microUSB cable
- PC with preinstalled the following software:
- Smartphone with Android or iOS operating system with preinstalled ST BLE Mesh application (available in AppStore and GooglePlay)
- You can download complete set of slides from this link
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
Security has emerged as one of the 3 key areas that developers of embedded and IoT applications are thriving to improve. The STM32L5 microcontroller series is the solution and provide a new optimal balance between performance, power and security.
Watch this short tutorial on the Expert mode of the SensorTile.box to learn how to use a graphical wizard to build programs without having to write any code.