Security Part 4: STM32 security in practice MOOC
Security Part 4: STM32 security in practice
Understand the basic steps to create secure bootloader with authentication of the firmware.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers looking for practical knowledge about firmware confidentiality, integrity and authenticity
- Engineers looking for step by step procedure to make secure bootloader
Benefits you will take away
- This will allow you to understand main points related to secure firmware update
- This is the necessary step to create own secure bootloader and understand SBSFU process
On line course concept
Course is provided in MOOC format with course material available online.
This course takes approximately 4 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- Addressing Firmware Confidentiality
- Firmware confidentiality lab
- Addressing Firmware Integrity
- Firmware integrity lab
- Addressing Firmware Authenticity
- Firmware Authenticity lab
- Secure bootloader introduction
- Step1 – Create simple secure bootloader
- Simple bootloader lab
- Step2 – Trusting the secure bootloader
- Immutable bootloader lab
- Step3 – Authenticate target application from bootloader
- Bootloader with authentication lab
- Secure firmware update
- PC with preinstalled the following software:
- microUSB cable
Training materials (slides, hands-on projects) can be downloaded from this link.
STM32CubeMX is part of the STM32Cube initiative designed to simplify and accelerate the development of applications for STM32 microcontrollers. STM32CubeMX offers the possibility to generate C projects using embedded software offers packages like CMSIS-Pack compliant software packs. Starting with the 6.0.0 revision, STM32CubeMX is delivered with STM32PackCreator, an STM32 pack creation graphical companion tool, whose main purpose is the creation of software packs.
The STEVAL-DPSTPFC1 3.6 kW bridgeless totem pole boost circuit achieves a digital power factor correction (PFC) with inrush current limiter (ICL). It helps you to design an innovative topology with the latest ST power kit devices: a silicon carbide MOSFET (SCTW35N65G2V), a thyristor SCR (TN3050H-12WY), an isolated FET driver (STGAP2S) and a 32-bit MCU (STM32F334).
Person Presence Detection is one of the demo available in our new FP-AI-VISION1 function pack. Running on STM32H7 and STM32L4 this demo shows you how wide is the panel of Artificial Intelligence applications you can develop on STM32 thanks to STM32Cube.AI