- Quasi-Resonant (QR) topology
- Primary side regulation of output voltage
- Direct optocoupler connection for secondary side regulated loop
- High power factor and low THD in universal and extended range (PF> 0.9 and THD < 5% @ full load and < 10% @ 1/3 load)
- 800 V fast high-voltage startup
- Extremely low input power at no-load and standby conditions
- Integrated input voltage detection for high power factor capability, DC rail detection and protection triggering
Advanced high power factor flyback controller with valley locking and maximum power control
Space-saving, high-performance LED driver meets the most stringent regulations for power efficiency and light quality with no compromise in cost effectiveness
ST’s innovative high-voltage technology lets you directly connect the HVLED101 to the input voltage to start up the LED module and monitor the input voltage without the need for external components. Its valley locking feature keeps the number of valley jumps constant, minimizing the input THD at intermediate load and avoiding audible noise for a better user experience.
ST’s HVLED drivers are the perfect solution to fit into very space-limited applications, such as lamp LED retrofits and compact AC-DC LED driver applications.
- Programmable frequency foldback with valley locking for noise free operation
- Programmable maximum input power limitation for safety standard compliancy
- Programmable brownout and input overvoltage protection
- Latch-free device guarantee by smart Auto Restart Timer (ART)
- Input pin for remote protection with NTC management (threshold hysteresis and linearization)
- Single-stage LED drivers with high power factor up to 180 W
- Two-stage LED drivers up to 200 W
50 W converter based on HVLED101 quasi-resonant HPF flyback controller with primary-side regulation
Providing a stable and insulated 60 V voltage for a maximum power of 50 W, this primary-side regulated reference design ensures a reduced BOM and can be used as a reliable standalone power supply or as a front-end stage in a dimmable (or non-dimmable) off-line LED driver. Complies with EN 60065 safety and EN 55022 conducted emissions standards.
50 W converter based on HVLED101 quasi-resonant HPF flyback controller with secondary-side regulation
Providing a stable and insulated 60 V voltage for a maximum power of 50 W, this secondary-side regulated reference design is more precise but requires more components, with the possibility to adjust the output voltage. Complies with EN 60065 safety and EN 55022 conducted emissions standards.
eDesignSuite: a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities
This tool helps designers accelerate the engineering development process for high power factor flyback controllers.
Lighting the future with the HVLED101 Enhanced LED controller
LED applications up to 180 W in a single-stage configuration and 200 W in a two-stage configuration for professional lighting, high-bay lighting fixtures, and street-lighting solutions.
Discover how STMicroelectronics solves critical design points in LED lighting driver design, enabling a rugged, noise-free operation and features very low input current distortion. What you will learn:
- Key factors for high-performance LED drivers
- Design tips to help reduce time-to-market
- Pros and cons of typical LED driver topologies
- How to set up critical HVLED101 protections in your next LED driver
- Getting started using our evaluation tools