ALED7709: 200 mA 4-channels Automotive LED driver with auto-adaptive integrated DC-DC controller
Designed to drive strings of high-brightness LEDs, the ALED7709 combines a Boost and SEPIC DC/DC controller with four low-side constant-current sink circuits.
This LED driver can work simultaneously or exclusively in standalone mode (SAM) controlled by a PWM input signal and in bus-driven mode (BDM) through an I²C serial interface.
The embedded DC-DC controller has a specific adaptive output voltage regulation to maximize the system efficiency.
A ready-to-use evaluation board (STEVAL-LLL014V1 ) based on the 4-channel ALED7709 automotive LED driver as well as a user-friendly graphical interface (STSW-LLL014GUI) for configuring the ALED7709 are available to help reduce development time and cost.
The ALED7709 is AEC-Q100 Grade 1 qualified.
DC-DC controller main features
- Wide input voltage range: 4.5 to 42 V (60 V load dump)
- Boost and SEPIC DC/DC controller topologies supported with adaptive mode minimizing power losses with any #LEDs
- Adjustable (250 kHz to 2.2 MHz) switching frequency with optional spread spectrum
- Cycle-by-cycle power switch OCP, Input OVP and output SCP
LED driver main features
- Up to 42V output voltage channels
- Programmable output current per channel up to 200 mA and with paralleled channels up to 800 mA
- Mixed PWM and analog dimming (100 Hz to 12.8 kHz dimming frequency)
- Dimming ratio 10000:1 at 100 Hz
- Open channel and LED short-circuit detection
- Selectable channel phase-shifting and adjustable rise/fall time
- Single-chip 4-channels LED driver and DC-DC controller
- Optional support for line protection switch control
- ±2% LED output current accuracy
- Simultaneous or exclusive control by PWMI and I²C interface
- Two pre-configured versions: for BDM with MCU support (ALED7709A) and for SAM (ALED7709B)
Automotive Standard Analog ICs: Robustness and Performance
This brochure presents a large portfolio of ST’s products and solutions dedicated to voltage regulation, signal amplification, current sensing, that are needed for today’s ever-growing automotive industry.
eDesignSuite: A free, on-line design tool with advanced features for power management systems and subsystems
A comprehensive, flexible suite of design aid utilities and engineering tools, eDesignSuite helps engineers design high-efficiency power solutions with a wide range of ST products meeting user application requirements.
You may be interested in
Automotive 3A single channel LED driver with integrated DC-DC converter
Automotive grade PWM-dimmable single channel LED driver with integrated boost controller