Easy-to-use buck converter with a full set of protection functions to increase the MTBF and reduce the number of external components.
A 1.5 A easy-to-use converter, the L6981 boasts high-efficiency across all loads. Its wide input voltage range (3.5 to 38 V) makes it the perfect candidate for 24 V industrial bus-powered systems, HVAC power supplies, battery-powered equipment, decentralized intelligent nodes and always-on devices such as smart sensors.
Key features of L6981
- 3.5 V to 38 V operating input voltage
- Output voltage from 0.85 V to VIN
- 1.5 A DC output current
- Two different versions: Low consumption mode (LCM) for high efficiency at light-loads and Low noise mode (LNM) for noise-sensitive applications
- 2 μA shutdown current
- Output voltage sequencing
- Synchronization to external clock for LNM devices
- SO 8L package with internal compensation to minimize design complexity and size
How to test & prototype with L6981
Cost-effective evaluation board based on L6981CDR synchronous step-down converter with low quiescent current
Cost-effective evaluation board based on L6981NDR synchronous step-down converter with low quiescent current
On-demand webinar: ST’s power management solutions for IoT and industrial applications
This webinar focuses on buck regulators for working voltages of up to 60 V and applications with particularly low quiescent current demands.
This on-demand session covers:
- Buck regulators with working voltages up to 60 V
- Nano-quiescent buck regulators for 5 V buses
- High-performance LDOs for both 5V and 24V buses
- The STPMIC1, featuring 14 output rails and a high level of configurability
- Wide portfolio of ESD protective devices