The world’s first digital controller embedding an Arm Cortex M0+ core, an offline programmable controller with synchronous rectification, and USB PD physical layer in a single package.
The ST-ONE is designed to control ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback converters to create high power density chargers and adapters with a USB-PD interface. By using a novel non-complementary control technique and specifically designed power modes, the device allows ensures both high efficiency and low power consumption at no load.
The device is delivered with pre-loaded firmware which handles both the power conversion and the communication protocols for USB-PD including optional PPS and electronically marked cable management.
A dedicated memory stores a default device configuration during factory process that can be modified to fit the final product specifications.
- ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback controller with synchronous rectification and USB-PD 3.1 PPS interface
- Arm® 32-bit Cortex®-M0+ MCU with 64 -Kbyte flash memory for digital power control and USB protocol
- Programmable firmware for secondary-side MCU controls both synchronous rectifier and ZVS Active Clamp flyback on the primary side to improve system efficiency in every condition
- High switching frequency operations in companion with MasterGaN power stage allow to use small size magnetic components, including planar transformers
- Reinforced galvanically isolated dual communication channel compliant with IEC 62368:
- 4 kV pk transient voltage
- 9.6 kV pk 1min hipot type testing
- 6.4 kV pk 1s hipot production testing
- 800 V high voltage startup with integrated input voltage sensing and Brownin/out functions
- Active input filter capacitor discharge circuitry for reduced standby power compliant with IEC 62368-1
- Fully integrated USB-PD physical layer with 24 V tolerant protection, and integrated load switch drive
USB-PD chargers and adapters up to 100 W for smartphones, tablets, laptops and other handheld equipment
The EVLONE65W board supports Programmable Power Supply (PPS) as well as a wide range input voltage and can deliver five fixed PDOs and two APDOs. Based on the fully integrated ST-ONE controller, it is specifically designed to control ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback converters to create high power density chargers and adapters with USB-PD interface.
This system is specifically designed to control ZVS non-complementary active clamp flyback converters to create high power density chargers and adapters with USB-PD interface.
The use of a MasterGaN power stage means faster switching and smaller magnetic components while ensuring very high efficiency.
This application note provides helpful tips and recommendations when starting your 65W USB-C PD design based on ST-ONE and MASTERGAN4.
This reference design shows high efficiency performance over the entire operation load range and across the universal mains input voltage range.
A compact solution, the board ensures higher efficiency thanks to the reduction of switching and conduction losses and eliminates reverse recovery loss thanks to the advanced MasterGaN2 system-in-package.
It complies with CoC tier 2 and DoE Level 6 efficiency requirements for average efficiency.
In this 1-hour webinar, you will learn how to make your USB-PD charger in an easier, safer, and more cost-effective way.
- USB PD adaptor development
- Topology used in USB PD adaptor
- ST Charging Solutions
- ST-ONE all-in-one digital controller
- GaN used in power supplies
- MasterGaN high-performance power modules
- 65W Demo key test results and design considerations
- ST solutions with MasterGaN